Author Topic: typical dept of transport  (Read 1500 times)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
typical dept of transport
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:36:07 am »
so i got the new bike i built up roadworthy and registered last week,they gave me a number plate on the spot,and the label with the papers arrived today,,man!i had supplied them with the roadworthy certificate that has the engine number that is in the bike written on it,as well as the colour of the bike,the application for registration also has these details on it,so thats twice,and the compulsory third party insurance makes it three times!,,so the certificate they sent me have the old colour and engine number that it had from whenever,i only bought it as a frame!.,i might ring them ,i might not,itll only confuse them more.
       this also now clears up the unreadable legislation concerning clear tube rego label holders in plain english.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 02:58:29 am by dave500 »

Offline petercb750

• Master
Re: typical dept of transport
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 03:00:57 am »
Mate, i had similar problems with mine when we were living in tassie - they recorded the engine number wrong, just a typo, but FFS, it took weeks of paperwork and phone calls to get it put right.

It would probably pay to get yours corrected eh? You don't want plod making an issue out of it if you ever get pulled over. >:(
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 12:34:20 am »
sorted,i rang them at 830 and was told the only way is to come down with the bike,fill out a "change of vehicle details"form and itll be looked at to make sure all the numbers are correct,even though its their stuff up!do the form,girl comes out to look at the engine number i pointed out and she says no thats the vin number,i show her the frame number on the head stem and she asks where is the compliance plate and why isnt it the same as the other number?,i tell her that any bike pre 76 in australia dosent have one its a 72 and the numbers are not the same,and this bike is clearly red and black not silver,so back inside to the counter and she click clicks away and then she asks how many seats is it(all this stuff is on last weeks roadworthy certificate i had with me)i tell her one as per the solo compliance it has,its a pretty big seat for a solo isnt it? she asks,i just tell her thats what its got,a few more clicks and she stamps the form and gives me the stub,another pleasant hour in the dept of wtf.

Offline Roach

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 12:56:27 am »
that lady sounds a bit of a handytard if you ask me...at least it is all said and done now
1978 CB550K Cafe Racer

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 01:42:13 am »
Good work Dave, far out it's fun dealing with govt aint it........... ::)
Glad it's sorted.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 01:45:42 am »
yeah i always keep my cool with these officials as they can make you or break you,i should get the correct sticker with the correct paper next week,if its wrong again ill just carry both and if plod does check me out ill say take your pick out of these two!

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 01:46:08 am »
Good work Dave, far out it's fun dealing with govt aint it........... ::)

NO.......... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline cb650

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 06:55:38 am »
I was out visiting my son a couple years ago and stoped at the DNR office to wait until he got out of school.  There is a park next to it to kill a little time in.  DNR issues orv stickers.  A kid pulls up on a old dt250 so I go talk to him.  He is getting his orv sticker.  The lady who inspected the bike insisted that the vin should be on the frame rail under the engine. I guess 4x4's are there.  I told her on bikes its on the steering stem and even showed her mine.  After 40 times of looking on the frame where "the book" says she gave up.  All just so he could be legal out in the desert.
18 grand and 18 miles dont make you a biker