Author Topic: World Tour Book?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline benly- ben

• Hot Shot
World Tour Book?
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »
Hi Guys,
             Don't know if anyone has thought of this but, As I was reading through one of the articles by motorcycle classics I thought to myself what a good book this would make. Also as various magazines, newspapers & the riders have wrote articles then we would certainly not be short of information. If anyone could find publishers that would be interested that would be great! I would definitely buy it if it came to England.
Ben ;)
"Youngest Member On The Forum! Joined When I Was 12!"

Offline brooze72

• Talk to my friends here at SOHC4 if you need an
  • Expert
Re: World Tour Book?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:31:14 pm »
Great idea!  We could use the rider posts or the Classic Motorcycle blog as a basis.  Issue #1: when do we cut off the Tour & publish?  The end of this North American leg maybe , with volume 2 to come?  Issue #2: We also need a publishing/editor pro to put it all together, someone who loves bikes & won't get paid (maybe?)
I don't know enough about this stuff so that's why I suggest a pro.  I would be in to purchase too as well as most of our members, I'm sure (especially if they were in it!)
2011, 2012 & 2013 Godzilla Relay Rally Rider
"Hold on loosely...don't let go
 If you cling too tightly...you're gonna lose control"
1972 CB500K1 - restored rider
1981 CB650C - new project

Offline benly- ben

• Hot Shot
Re: World Tour Book?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »
For issue #1 the best idea would probably be just to do all of America but its wether or not they can fit that all into one book. Issue #2 is probably the hardest to pull off. There must be someone on the forum who's done something like this though. But we have plenty of time before the full extent of the tour is over  yet.
Ben ;)
"Youngest Member On The Forum! Joined When I Was 12!"