Author Topic: CR750 Works rear hub - genuine, for sale  (Read 2293 times)

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
CR750 Works rear hub - genuine, for sale
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:09:35 pm »
Before the Mods tell me I should be putting this under the for sale thread, let me explain why I haven't...

I just sold my Dave Morris BMW supermono tonight to a real nice chap called Ian. He is a massive bike fan particularly of race kit and has obviously owned some amazing stuff over the years including such rarities as a Jawa V4 of all things! In looking over my CR750 replica, he mentioned that he has a CR750 genuine works rear hub with brake shoes but no brake plate in magnesium. He doesn't think he will do anything with it nowadays so is thinking of selling.

That's were you guys come in - so I suggested that this place is the BEST place to offer it for sale, especially if it is a genuine works item as there are so many CR750 officionados here and some with deep pockets too. Would be an amazing find/purchase for someone on the forum if he does decide to sell. Ian said he'd send me some photos to put up here - question is, would anyone be interested really?  :o
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline kos

• Hot Shot
    • m3racing.com
Re: CR750 Works rear hub - genuine, for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 03:23:36 pm »
I too, think that this is the place to list it and pictures would be appreciated. I was lucky enough to have an extra hub when we went classic racing back in the day (1997-2003) as we laced it up and always had new rubber, at the ready...all we had to do is take off the one on the bike, pop on the spare wheel with tyre and rip.

If we went back to classic bike with a CR750 type machine, we would probably run a little rear disc that worked, as that Honda assembly was a horrible piece for stopping, no matter what special shoes we had and we even went to trouble of truing the hub liner on a lathe and had shoes re-arched.

When you get a chance to see it in person, take a very close look around the spoke flange areas, as these real Honda parts cracked there, all the time.
KOS

220...221, whatever it takes.

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 03:47:54 pm »
I doubt I'll see it in person Mark, but I am promised pictures to share and Ian is a really top bloke when it comes to bikes so hopefulyl if nothing else he'll share some rather good pictures for us all to see. Great tip on the spoke holes though - another insightful recollection ;-)
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 11:41:47 am »
Here are the photos folks - I could only get them in PDF format so hope this works. The hub has some brake shoes and the large sprocket retaining circlip with it and Ian tells me it is completely crack free with good brake surfaces inside it. Note it doesn't have a brake plate but you could get an aftermarket one of those I'm sure. He has a minimum price in mind which to be honest is the same cost as a replica CR750 hub and he swears this is the genuine magnesium article and looking at the rivetted brake linings etc it does seem good and it certainly looks better than my replica. So, let's hear some comment on the pictures and if you are interested, you can make me an offer and I'll liase with Ian on whether he'll accept...
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 01:42:28 pm »
While you're going on about old relicks, I have a 28 tooth sprocket from a RC163, I wonder who would pay megga bucks for it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 03:46:52 pm »
And i want to see pics of that BMW!

:)

Love supermonos, shame that i am too tall to fit on'em

TG

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
    • Moonpie
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 01:15:11 am »
I'll post some up tonight TG - you'd fit on it fine, it was very comfortable for me and I'm just over 6'3"....

Sam - you should put yourself up for sale - an older biking relic I can't imagine?!  :D
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE