Author Topic: just got my clip ons, what do i do about the old risers now?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline jbrick28

• ell yeah
just got my clip ons, what do i do about the old risers now?
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:50:29 am »
got my clip on bars and still waiting on my new headlight bracket but i was looking and wondering whats the cleanest way to deal with the risers for the old bars. Any ideas on a way to clean it up?
just cause i talk slow dont mean im stupid

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
Re: just got my clip ons, what do i do about the old risers now?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:01:15 am »
Cut and grind smooth.............Or spend a few $$$..........I think VOXhonda or someone else on the board may be of help.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
Re: just got my clip ons, what do i do about the old risers now?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:36:30 pm »
Cut and grind smooth.............Or spend a few $$$..........I think VOXhonda or someone else on the board may be of help.
cut and grind will leave you with four gaping holes in the triple clamp, so beware, you might not like the result. I left it as is in my racer, couldnt see the point in weakening the casting for 50 grams less weight or a supposedly "cleaner" look (way messier looking IMHO).

BTW, you might get better response to your question by posting it in the regular or the projects forums where everybody sees it. its not exactly a high performance question (and soon Sam will be on your tail....)

TG