Author Topic: TEAM MID ATLANTIC ROUTING THREAD - Mission Accomplished!!!  (Read 41160 times)

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
Re: TEAM MID ATLANTIC ROUTING THREAD - WE ARE ROLLING!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »
Awesome!!  So what town will GZ sleep in... er... I mean terrorize tonight?  How many Zilla Miles today??

He is up and about in West Grove, PA.  Hard little bugger to control, saw my cats and went bonkers. Only problem is he got knocked out. 

I rode about 180 miles, 80 with GZ and 130 with SPWG.  Fun time...Larry
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:17:42 pm by photolar »

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »
Paul, you sure know how to do it right. Thanks a million for stepping up. Thanks is not enough all of you let it all hang out to make this thing happen.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:52:06 pm by BobbyR »
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2011, 08:01:05 pm »
Subscribed. Go Team M.A!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Philly550K1

• Hot Shot
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2011, 07:33:12 am »
planning to get IT from larry this afternoon.

two gatherings are fairly certain in Philly at this point. come on by, bike or no bike:

tonight, 2 wheel tuesday at the abbaye, 3rd and fairmount. i will try to make it by 7, folks gather starting around 6. there's a "tech session" inside, about cylinder honing, rebuilds, stuff like that....

thursday gathering and ride, 8pm, 25th and poplar, the BP gas station. i'll try to be there by 7:30 to snap some shots.

based on who shows interest tonight and tomorrow, i may announce other concepts. and photo ops. open to suggestion... bell, rocky steps, cheesesteak. those are the obvious ones. if i don't get them tonight i'll get them thursday.

-jc
eight five six, 364-0676

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2011, 09:28:13 am »
planning to get IT from larry this afternoon.

two gatherings are fairly certain in Philly at this point. come on by, bike or no bike:

tonight, 2 wheel tuesday at the abbaye, 3rd and fairmount. i will try to make it by 7, folks gather starting around 6. there's a "tech session" inside, about cylinder honing, rebuilds, stuff like that....

thursday gathering and ride, 8pm, 25th and poplar, the BP gas station. i'll try to be there by 7:30 to snap some shots.

based on who shows interest tonight and tomorrow, i may announce other concepts. and photo ops. open to suggestion... bell, rocky steps, cheesesteak. those are the obvious ones. if i don't get them tonight i'll get them thursday.

-jc
eight five six, 364-0676
JC, take your  time and do it right.  Philly has a lot to see as does Boston and NYC.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline y2kc0wb0y

• B00msh0cka
  • Hot Shot
  • Shoot the pickle....
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11:18 am »
Bummer; made this thread just a few days too late to see GZ take out DC........
CB750K3 890cc| 2004 VFR800A| 76 CB550F| 77 CB750F| 73 CB350G| 79 XLH| 2007 BMW R1200GS| CB750K2

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »
I have spoken to the organizers of the Rhinebeck Show. They have invited us to do our handoff ceremony inside the event, and feature it as one of the their events. They will also include it in their newsletter and take pictures of us. I am emailing them details of the Rally. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nortstudio

• Not nearly an
  • Master
  • Just getting started...
    • MotoPreserve
Does this mean we all have to wear suits? :)
1976 CB550K...in progress
1975 CL360...eventually custom
2009 Husqvarna TE610

a blog about wrenching in Brooklyn, NY

“Success is dependent on effort.”
~Sophocles

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
Vintage leather suits with all the buckles and snaps. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nortstudio

• Not nearly an
  • Master
  • Just getting started...
    • MotoPreserve
Vintage leather suits with all the buckles and snaps. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh boy....
1976 CB550K...in progress
1975 CL360...eventually custom
2009 Husqvarna TE610

a blog about wrenching in Brooklyn, NY

“Success is dependent on effort.”
~Sophocles

Offline Doggie

• Hot Shot
  • CB550F, CB650c, CB550k, Cb750K
I think I have out grown mine...lol
                                                   Doug

Offline Philly550K1

• Hot Shot
heading out shortly for some southernmost nj scenery. these are from yesterday; i posted a few others in the ride log... -jon  (eight five six 364-0676)

Offline weekend_junkie

• I bet you think I'm some
  • Hot Shot
  • Member # 15859
I will be in South NJ near LBI this weekend, but with no bike.

Jon - Are you treking IT up north?
Dan
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer / 1981 CB900F / 2002 VFR800 / 1973 CB350F / 1973 CB350F mistake / 1976 CB360T Cafe /1976 CB200 Cafe / 1989 GL1500 w/ sidecar / 1949 IMZ w/ sidecar

Offline Philly550K1

• Hot Shot
had a sunny day of riding down the bayshore....  today we plan to meet george at deptford honda (DHY) at 2pm-ish, then ride around philly proper, probably doing a south philly cheesesteak and visiting revzilla, then meeting the thursday night vintage crowd at 25th and poplar by 7:30 or 8 for a ride in the park and a hang-out session...

gschuld has offered to take an "official" handoff from me today, and to help with the philly-nyc leg.

ping me anytime today or meet us enroute at the above milestones.

-jon
eight five six 364-0676

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
Nice shots Jon and thanks. Philly is a great City.

Offline Lefty337

I've come down with a bit of a cold, but am hoping to head to the meet tonight as long as I'm feeling up to it, at least for a short while.  Any idea on the schedule for when the ride to NY will be?

Offline gschuld

• Master
Just checking in.  I have been a bit frantic lately chasing down a few last minute bugs on my 500K1 to get her running nicely and reliably.  She's all ready now ;).   I am heading out before long to meet up with Jon (Philly550K1) at Depford Honda at 2 and then on from there around Philly.  It appears that I will be taking GZ home with me tonight (Toms River, NJ near the Seaside Heights boadwalk). 

I plan on taking doing a few short hops around the waterfront, probably a boat ride (he loves the water!) possibly down to Barnegat Lighthouse for a photo shoot.   I'd like to hear from anyone who would like to join in or has ideas.  I work full time but I can get out when I need to.  I may be interested in taking the long way to Brooklyn and heading out to Princeton an up through that area first.  There are some nice roads out there.   

I'm all ears as so when GZ should arrive in NYC.  I can plan better from there.  Feel free to reach out to me.

George

(732) 966-7981 (cell)

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
Lefty, there are two legs to the NY ride. Do you hjust want to go up to NYC, or do you want to go to Rhinebeck or both?

George that is terrific, very scenic area. Glad you bike is running good.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
I've been traveling the past few days and have lost track of GZ after his overnight in West Grove, PA.  I see he will be in Toms River, NJ tonight.  Where did he sleep on Tuesday and Wednesday?  I'm also looking for "official" Zilla miles between overnights.  I can make a guess if need be, but would rather credit y'all for every Zilla Mile he's ridden while in your care!
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Philly550K1

• Hot Shot
gz crashed with me in bridgeton, nj on 5-24 and 25. we went to philly after photolar, then to cape may wednesday, then back up to philly this afternoon. there were scenic routes involved, but i had him for at least 250 miles.

-jon

I've been traveling the past few days and have lost track of GZ after his overnight in West Grove, PA.  I see he will be in Toms River, NJ tonight.  Where did he sleep on Tuesday and Wednesday?  I'm also looking for "official" Zilla miles between overnights.  I can make a guess if need be, but would rather credit y'all for every Zilla Mile he's ridden while in your care!

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
Jon, you are the man! I wish you could be with us at Rhinebeck.

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible

Monday to Tuesday were 150 miles with GZ...Larry

Offline Lefty337

Lefty, there are two legs to the NY ride. Do you hjust want to go up to NYC, or do you want to go to Rhinebeck or both?

George that is terrific, very scenic area. Glad you bike is running good.

I was hoping to ride at least part of the way up to NYC, but I'm currently battling a bad cold.  I wanted to hit the ride last night but wasn't able to do it.  At this point, I'd appreciate being kept in the loop but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do over the weekend.

Offline gschuld

• Master
I have only a few minutes, but here is a brief.  DZ arrived safely at my house at just after 3am(6 hours riding time for the day).  He had a blast with the "chin on the tank" vintage bike group(great bunch of guys) last night.  We had a great time barreling down the tisty roads northwest of Philly in the dark.

I am looking into a number of trips tonight through this weekend.   Destinations considered: Atlantic City, Barnegat lighthouse, Milleville Air Show, Princeton-New Hope area, Seaside Heights boardwalk, etc, etc.  Any fellow riders want to join in?  Call Me.... or text.

So when is the first NYC ride scheduled?  I need to know for planing purposes.

Thanks,

George
732-966-7981

PS  I'll be away from the computer until 4:30pm.

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
Amazing George.  When you hit AC keep GZ away from the tables and free drinks. I hear he is a mean drunk. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D