Author Topic: Sidecar  (Read 36647 times)

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
Re: Sidecar
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2023, 07:09:22 am »
I invested in some tools and made light holder for the sidecar.

Prokop,Does the sidecar light(The one you brought back here after your trip)assembly have a '3-way function'  arrangement? I mean,does it act as a taillight,stop/brake light(1157 bulb?)and also have a separate bulb at the amber part of the lens at the bottom to show a blinking(amber)turn signal ??

??

Sorry, I missed that.  Yes, the triangle of the light is the turn signal and the red part covers double filament bulb for tail light and brake light.  Also I bought from Velorex USA - thats a Florida company that sells sidecars and parts.

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2023, 07:39:41 am »

Prokop,Does the sidecar light(The one you brought back here after your trip)assembly have a '3-way function'  arrangement? I mean,does it act as a taillight,stop/brake light(1157 bulb?)and also have a separate bulb at the amber part of the lens at the bottom to show a blinking(amber)turn signal ??

??

Sorry, I missed that.  Yes, the triangle of the light is the turn signal and the red part covers double filament bulb for tail light and brake light.  Also I bought from Velorex USA - thats a Florida company that sells sidecars and parts.

You purchased that taillight assembly from Velorex USA ?   8)
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2023, 08:56:48 am »

??

Yes, sir.  It was a shell, no bulbs or wires but I like the all-in-one solution.  70 bucks or so.

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2023, 01:06:12 pm »

??

Yes, sir.  It was a shell, no bulbs or wires but I like the all-in-one solution.  70 bucks or so.

Did you install your own two separate light bulb sockets with wires ?

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2023, 01:35:15 pm »

??

Did you install your own two separate light bulb sockets with wires ?

Sockets were included, just the wiring was needed.

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2023, 05:40:49 am »
Got new Hagon shocks. The difference is amazing.  I did not expect to feel anything, with the hack and all but she is so much smoother.   Set it to hardest, changed to middle after half a mile and loving it.

Also removed the carrier with the top case - did grcamna2 suggested that?  The rig as a whole looks better without it. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 05:50:48 am by 70CB750 »

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2023, 06:56:19 am »
Got new Hagon shocks. The difference is amazing.  I did not expect to feel anything, with the hack and all but she is so much smoother.   Set it to hardest, changed to middle after half a mile and loving it.

Also removed the carrier with the top case - did grcamna2 suggested that?  The rig as a whole looks better without it.

I like Hagons also.
I have never liked the Top Cases,but rather I like side bags to keep the weight low and have less aerodynamic drag.

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2023, 10:58:26 am »
Turns out taking the top case off was a stupid idea.  The top case is waterproof and the sidecar is not.  My tool bag is moldy and tools rusty.  I will have to figure out some kind of a better solution. 

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2023, 04:16:04 pm »
A waterproof case for the tools could be strapped down in foitwell of side car to keep your tools dry and rustfree. Strapping it down could slow any potential theft.
Mold can be killed and after stripping any oils a bath in Evaporust or Oxalic Acid in the sun can remove the rust. Oxalic Acid is wood bleach, mix a pound per gallon of distilled water...use until it is pitch black and no longer removing rust. It chelates rust  away like Evaporust type products....it is slow. Once rust free rinse and dry then oily rag to wipe down all the surfaces of the tools before putting them in a waterproof box.
David- back in the desert SW!