Author Topic: Godzilla on TCM TONIGHT!  (Read 6872 times)

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
Godzilla on TCM TONIGHT!
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:06 am »

Yes,that's right. The colossal lizard starring in 'Godzilla, King of the Monsters' at 8:00pm EST tonight on TCM.

And if you're still up at 1:00am EST you can also catch, 'Godzilla vs. Monster Zero'.

In between those two is 'Rodan' at 9:45pm EST

...and'Ghidora, the Three-Headed Monster' at 11:15pm EST...(I think I once dated a Ghidora, and 'three headed monster' is too kind of a description for her!)

Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
Re: Godzilla on TCM TONIGHT!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:15:04 pm »
I guess i will be tuning in for the original Godzilla, and Rodan was always my favorite.
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline 736cc

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:02:33 pm »
Japanese "B" monster movies are serious entertainment. Dubbed-in English makes them even more hilarious. Actors in monster suits trampling toy cities are soooo bad their great.

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 05:06:26 pm »
I am watching it as I write this.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline Damfino

• Sneaky, Evil, Magnificent Bastard of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Look at the grouse! NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 05:34:02 pm »

Good old Raymond Burr pre- Perry Mason...I'm lmao at some of the 'campi-ness' of this movie ;D ;D ;D
Your Message Here!
You can still call me 'Schmitty'

1976 CB 750
2014 CB 1100DLX
2015 Harley Davidson Freewheeler

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
Charles Manson

You've got to watch your back in the SSDB, this is where the clever guys get bored with bike talk and make poo jokes.
I like my women a little big. Natural. Now, they shave this and wax that. It's not right. I love natural women. Big women. This trend in women has to go. Bulomia, anorexia. That's just wrong. You know what will cure that? My special sticky buns. One lick of my sticky buns and your appetite will come right back. ~ RIP Mr. Borgnine  01/24/1917 - 07/08/2012  :'(

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 05:47:58 pm »
Considering it was made in 1954 while Japan was recovering from WWII it is pretty well made. The later ones were too dumb to watch.

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 05:55:41 pm »
I was always a Gamera guy, great theme music
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 06:14:12 pm »
Now check this out the film was directed by Ishirō Honda. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishir%C5%8D_Honda

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:56 pm »
Now check this out the film was directed by Ishirō Honda. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishir%C5%8D_Honda

This is one of the reasons Godzilla was chosen as the relay mascot!! ;D ;D
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 09:04:44 pm »
Considering it was made in 1954 while Japan was recovering from WWII it is pretty well made. The later ones were too dumb to watch.
The Creature From The Black Lagoon (The Gill Man)......thats the sh!t right there!!!!!
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......