Author Topic: 1974 CB750 Cafe Project  (Read 1804 times)

Offline FelixP

1974 CB750 Cafe Project
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »
Well, this is something I've wanted to do, even before I bought my first bike.

I just picked up a 1974 CB750 project that the PO had already halfway completed- this thing came with TONS of spare parts (see photos below).  Not pictured in the photos below, there's a brand new squarish cafe tail/seat that uses the stock hinges, a NOS CB360 tank, NOS 1969 side covers, velocity stacks, the original tank, and a bunch of small parts/cables/hardware that would have been hard to photograph.  If you follow the link to the Flickr page, I've added notes over all of the parts (some of which I'm not sure about- any help here would be greatly appreciated).

flickr.com/gp/felixpomerantz/h84F5W

Offline Toxic

• Expert
Re: 1974 CB750 Cafe Project
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:58:48 am »
Wow!!!! Nice score, you have doubles and triples of lots of items.
You need to post more details here.
-what is the front end off of
-what rear shocks are those

The carbs look clean but I would pull the bowls off and have a look.

If there is anything you are unsure of post a pic of it here, someone will id it for you.

Welcome and a great start to your project

Offline FelixP

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:01:07 am »
The front end is stock but has been fitted with fork shrouds and a horseshoe headlight bracket from Benji's Cafe Racer, along with Tomaselli handlebars and CB550F mirrors.  Pretty much everything on the front had been polished, and the disk has been drilled.

As for the rear shocks, they're cheap chinese units as best as I can tell.  I do know that the reservoirs need to be filled.  I figure I'll take it to a suspension shop and see if these are serviceable - if not, I'll replace them.

Does anyone know anything about the oil cooler unit and/or how to install it?  It's obviously not stock...

Offline sinister902

• Hot Shot
    • Anger Street Kustoms
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:54:56 am »
I was looking at those very same rear shocks on Ebay, they are made in Taiwan.....I wish I could find some user reviews on them, as they are easy on the eyes and reasonably priced.