Author Topic: Exhaust silencing.  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Read Replica

Exhaust silencing.
« on: June 10, 2011, 09:46:22 am »
Do any of you guys know of a UK supplier of these type of silencing devices? To be used for a track day system.
Thanks for any info
Andy

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Re: Exhaust silencing.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 02:08:23 pm »
Looks like a Super Trapp Andy. I'm sure you'll find somewhere over here if you Google it.
They have their own forum. http://forums.supertrapp.com/index.php

Sam in sunny Cheshire but it's just gone down. ;D
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 12:49:57 am »
If it is a supertrapp - don't they work kind of the opposite to the way you think they'd work like you add more discs and it gets louder, take them away and it gets quieter? If you want UK supplier of silencing devices though andy, talk to Nigel at NRP exhausts in Newark (google NRP exhausts) - he makes them and can custom make them for your specific pipes.
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline Cqyqte

• Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 02:10:29 am »
The more disks you add the less backpressure you get.  Depending on the cover plate or end cap the loudness will be affected.  Some end caps are solid and some are open with different sized center hole.  I made my own design by having disks cut with diminishing sized center holes by a local laser metal cutting company.  I can change the sound from a real loud crackling bark to a deep throated roar.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 02:22:34 am »
I've had a couple of Supertrapp systems over the years, and they're not very efficient. I took the supercrapp pipe off my first GS1000 Suzuki and installed a freer breathing locally made system on it, and picked up another 4 BHP. Also, if your bike is running a tad rich, get used to cleaning all the black shiit that comes out of the baffle discs at 90 degrees to the pipe and blows all over your wheel and swingarm. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)