Author Topic: The Abomination thread!  (Read 340981 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: The Abomination thread!
« Reply #2125 on: August 25, 2019, 01:37:53 pm »
When you always wanted a chopper but only had street bike to work with.

Ha ha, what a moron! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline emlupi

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2126 on: August 27, 2019, 09:09:09 am »
I wonder if that changes the handling characteristics of the bike?

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #2127 on: September 07, 2019, 01:29:43 am »
You gotta understand Honda does not get it and this "designer" knows better.

It can be yours for only $9,500.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2532540780307751/

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #2128 on: September 07, 2019, 01:49:15 am »
I'd have that , lighter than stock, no uglier than stock and probably faster too

I look upon the factory appearance to be the starting place for something better, even the zzr I'm doing at the moment will be apparently stock but I have to at least change the graphics to a different colour
Every bike/scooter I've owned has been "improved" upon in some way, even if it was just a spray can paint job or a set of handlebars

Admittedly the price seems a bit steep on the cbx
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2129 on: September 07, 2019, 02:54:47 am »
Well I'd love to have a stock red 1979 CBX, because I remember how amazing they looked when they were new, but I don't mind that thing, I especially like the exhaust. I'd still rather have the stocker though. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #2130 on: September 07, 2019, 05:53:41 am »
Consider if you will the custom chopper craze of a few years back with people plunking down 30,000 to 50,000 for a custom bike. Fad faded and bottom dropped out of the market on those bikes. Lots of repo'd bikes when economy tanked and people could not sell them for 1/4 of purchase price when they needed to get out from under them.

That monstrosity would have a short shelf-life as well if there are many who would like it.
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2131 on: September 25, 2019, 10:06:45 pm »
 After sticking up for a lot of bikes, I felt did not meet the criteria... I think I have found one..
 you tell me if it qualifies..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2132 on: September 25, 2019, 10:12:34 pm »
Yep, definite qualifier to me !

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #2133 on: September 26, 2019, 01:53:21 am »
I'd ride that for no other reason than to piss off all the righteous bro types, they would hate it and I'm pretty sure it would inspire some of the lesser cerebrally enhanced to make offers of violence for insulting their corporate heritage ( see what I did there) and general rufty tufty image, probably piss their menfolk off too
i blame Terry

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2134 on: September 26, 2019, 04:40:45 am »
Well not being a Harley hater, I think whoever did that should never be allowed near another bike, especially a nice old shovel like that one. ;D

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2135 on: September 26, 2019, 06:08:18 am »
Shovelheads hate themselves.  That's why they try to kill themselves every time you start em up.
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline emlupi

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2136 on: September 26, 2019, 07:10:51 am »
Looks like someone’s attempt at a home made Buell.

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2137 on: September 26, 2019, 08:16:19 am »
Shovelheads hate themselves.  That's why they try to kill themselves every time you start em up.
I think you mean Ironhead Sporties..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline MauiK3

• A K3 is saved
  • Old Timer
  • Old guy
« Reply #2138 on: September 26, 2019, 09:20:06 am »
That bike is bipolar, poor thing
1973 CB 750 K3
10/72 build Z1 Kawasaki

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2139 on: September 26, 2019, 09:30:29 am »
no, ironheads get murdered by the owners that hate themselves

Offline Gene

• Chat enuf you too can be a
  • Master
  • One bike is enuf, change my mind
« Reply #2140 on: September 26, 2019, 10:02:08 am »
I don't know much about anything but I cannot understand that thing.
*1973 CB750K3 (Bow)

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #2141 on: September 26, 2019, 07:55:00 pm »
Well I'd love to have a stock red 1979 CBX, because I remember how amazing they looked when they were new, but I don't mind that thing, I especially like the exhaust. I'd still rather have the stocker though. ;D

There were 3 of them at the AMA Mid America Classic Bike event this year. it is a spectacular color.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2142 on: September 27, 2019, 02:22:48 am »

My 1985 ironhead sporty was magnificent, started first time everytime, never missed a beat. I wish I still had it. I think I'll buy another one, there was a really nice restored 1971 XLCH on Ebay here for around 10K, (AUD) and I like the older sporties. ;D

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2143 on: September 27, 2019, 03:09:19 am »

My 1985 ironhead sporty was magnificent, started first time everytime, never missed a beat. I wish I still had it. I think I'll buy another one, there was a really nice restored 1971 XLCH on Ebay here for around 10K, (AUD) and I like the older sporties. ;D
I have been waiting for an ironhead to fall in my lap too...gonna stick it in a tracker frame.  I have been seeing viable project bikes for about $1200 and less around here.  Of course, these are ones where the owner hated himself and tried to murder the poor sporty. Lol

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2144 on: September 27, 2019, 04:38:26 pm »
Thanks Sean, there's a really good Ironhead sporty fb page, I love to look at the pics of owners bikes posted, and there's always a few for sale. Another option for me is to import a really good bike from the US, as ironhead's are pretty rare here, compared to CB750'S. ;D

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #2145 on: October 01, 2019, 01:05:50 pm »

I have been waiting for an ironhead to fall in my lap too...gonna stick it in a tracker frame.  I have been seeing viable project bikes for about $1200 and less around here.  Of course, these are ones where the owner hated himself and tried to murder the poor sporty. Lol

Someday I'd like to do something similar, but the Harleyton Sportster in a featherbed frame café.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2146 on: October 02, 2019, 02:46:52 am »

Someday I'd like to do something similar, but the Harleyton Sportster in a featherbed frame café.

That's what we call a "Sporton" here Danny, McIntosh in New Zealand still make a Norton Featherbed replica frame that has plenty of room for a Sporty lump, I'd stick an early Buell engine in one, and call it magnificent......... ;D

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2147 on: October 02, 2019, 04:21:45 pm »
This BSA / Harley is currently for sale here in NZ - Not quite a McIntosh or Featherbed frame but still very nice.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/classic-vintage/auction-2330572697.htm?rsqid=3004f686a24e40a4a08d1ef314fa0972-005

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #2148 on: October 02, 2019, 04:57:49 pm »
thats nice, tow things though

on the plus side it'd piss off both the boring old farts from the BSA world as well as the harley crowd

on the down side its got the self destructing mid 80s 1100 motor, apparently they don't react well to spirited riding and wheel stands, the gearbox reacts by trying to get out the side of the cases
i blame Terry

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2149 on: October 02, 2019, 05:15:51 pm »
And it's got Suzuki forks so that will piss both the BSA and Harley crowds off.
I don't know one Harley engine from another - just liked the engineering of it.