Author Topic: The Abomination thread!  (Read 340991 times)

Online jgger

• Master
Re: The Abomination thread!
« Reply #2150 on: October 02, 2019, 07:26:06 pm »
thats nice, tow things though

on the plus side it'd piss off both the boring old farts from the BSA world as well as the harley crowd

on the down side its got the self destructing mid 80s 1100 motor, apparently they don't react well to spirited riding and wheel stands, the gearbox reacts by trying to get out the side of the cases

It says it has a Triumph trans..........all it needs is Lucas electrics!  What would call a crossbreed like this? Barley, Harley Bezerson, a Bad idea?
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2151 on: October 02, 2019, 08:13:44 pm »
I dont think those engines are unreliable,  but I wonder if the tranny can handle it. stock Sporty tranny would be ok.
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Online Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #2152 on: October 03, 2019, 03:23:07 am »
That bike is absolutely magnificent! The early Evo Sporties still had the 4 speed ironhead gearboxes, but had really good "Bathtub" heads, so were good hotrod prospects. That bike has been beautifully engineered, and I would bid on it if I thought I could get away with it, but it's already knocking on the outer boundaries of my available cash, before we talk about shipping to Oz and taxes etc, bugger it. Fantastic work though, NZ really does punch above it's weight when it comes to engineering magnificence! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2153 on: October 03, 2019, 12:50:35 pm »
Yep, there are some clever Kiwi's here (or were in John Britten's case) - here's and example of a not so clever Kiwi though; https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/classic-vintage/auction-2325898056.htm?rsqid=6272606243b44a8a903460e0695f3841-004

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2154 on: October 03, 2019, 10:36:47 pm »
Yep, there are some clever Kiwi's here (or were in John Britten's case) - here's and example of a not so clever Kiwi though; https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/classic-vintage/auction-2325898056.htm?rsqid=6272606243b44a8a903460e0695f3841-004

Yep, that's pretty bad mate. It does remind me of many bikes that were around when I was a kid back in the 60's and 70's here, you don't see too many like that here nowadays, because all the "collectors" have bought them up and had them over-restored as investments to only be wheeled in and out of shows, and never ridden again in anger. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2155 on: October 04, 2019, 12:47:06 am »
The comment the owner made on the listing says it all - "water blasted the bike and took the carb off to empty the water out of it" !!!

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #2156 on: October 05, 2019, 02:08:33 pm »
Wonder if he pulled the plugs to blow the water out of the cylinders too or just counted on the valves to not bend and con rods break when it tried to compress the water in the cylinders?
David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline BPellerine

• Master
« Reply #2157 on: October 07, 2019, 10:35:41 am »

on the plus side it'd piss off both the boring old farts from the BSA world as well as the harley crowd

on the down side its got the self destructing mid 80s 1100 motor, apparently they don't react well to spirited riding and wheel stands, the gearbox reacts by trying to get out the side of the cases
[/quote
my 88 has 74000k on the gearbox,engine rebuilt at around 71k,still lots on the road here,lots of power has been put through the old four speed,the trap door is the biggest weakness.bill
1978 CB 750K ard and webers
another anfob

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2158 on: October 08, 2019, 02:58:39 am »

[/quote
my 88 has 74000k on the gearbox,engine rebuilt at around 71k,still lots on the road here,lots of power has been put through the old four speed,the trap door is the biggest weakness.bill

Yeah, the biggest problem (and it's not really a problem if treated with respect) is that gearbox is a BSA or Triumph item Bill, from a pre-unit Pommy oil distributor from the stone age, that was built to handle no more than 30 or 40 BHP, so a rider with a heavy right hand might cause it some grief. I would still buy it if it was about half of the asking price, but it is worth the 12K they're asking, as it's super unique, and beautifully engineered. ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:36:00 am by Terry in Australia »

Offline BPellerine

• Master
« Reply #2159 on: October 08, 2019, 07:30:24 am »
yeah I know the brit stuff well,agreed it is a nice bike.bill
1978 CB 750K ard and webers
another anfob

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2160 on: October 29, 2019, 02:18:45 am »
Well here's a nice home grown abomination that you can have for the princely sum of $19000.00! (13000.00 USD) In the past I've said cruel things about K7/8's, saying that any mods are good mods, and they could only make one look better, but sadly, I've been proven wrong, some "builder" has actually made a K7/8 uglier, than when it rolled off the showroom floor. Wow. ;D

Gumtree POS by Terry Prendergast, on Flickr

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cardiff/motorcycles/honda-cb-750-four-cafe-racer-custom-vintage-/1231371565

Offline jaytee-nz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2161 on: October 29, 2019, 12:33:38 pm »
I guess it's a fashion right now, but personally I just don't get the whole "chop off the arse, fit a Chinese made mini seat and wrap the exhaust in a bandage" thing.
And $19,000 !!!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2162 on: October 29, 2019, 02:12:55 pm »
I guess it's a fashion right now, but personally I just don't get the whole "chop off the arse, fit a Chinese made mini seat and wrap the exhaust in a bandage" thing.
And $19,000 !!!

Yeah mate, I saw some wanker on youtube justifying just that, saying that modern Cafe Racer/Bobber/Street Tracker builders were doing the work that Honda should have done when they originally designed the CB750.

I laughed so hard at his noob fuelled drivel that I almost spilled my beer! ;D

Offline MauiK3

• A K3 is saved
  • Old Timer
  • Old guy
« Reply #2163 on: November 05, 2019, 03:05:02 pm »
Wow, ugly, what can I say?
Almost like getting a fuel injected 57 Bel Air and taking off the fuel injection to put on a two barrel carb
1973 CB 750 K3
10/72 build Z1 Kawasaki

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #2164 on: November 17, 2019, 03:27:25 am »
 ;)

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #2165 on: November 17, 2019, 05:39:27 am »
 Thats a teeny tiny rear sprocket for a 750 and those back brakes need some help. Sure it rides like a dream though.

Offline spotty

• Master
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #2166 on: November 17, 2019, 02:39:48 pm »
with that sprocket it would wheel stand like a mofo though, and then you get to slide backwards off that crappy seat straight onto the back wheel, winner
i blame Terry

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2167 on: November 17, 2019, 03:05:18 pm »
with that sprocket it would wheel stand like a mofo though, and then you get to slide backwards off that crappy seat straight onto the back wheel, winner
spotty, you are no stunter as you got it backwards.  Bike would barely get off the line in first and be at about 2500 rpm at 80mph, if it had enough power to get there.

It's obviously not finished.  Just add rear fender, lights and wiring and you have a very nice hard tail chop.
If it works good, it looks good...

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2168 on: November 17, 2019, 06:11:46 pm »
Will I be lambasted mercilessly if I say I kind of like it? Not the tank, it needs a proper chopper tank (Peanut of course) and some finishing, not to mention some mini apes and a fat back wheel, but all in all, not horrible. ;D

Online jgger

• Master
« Reply #2169 on: November 17, 2019, 06:23:39 pm »
Must have been that smack in the face, Terry. That thing is a certified P.O.S.
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #2170 on: November 17, 2019, 07:07:12 pm »
oops, silly me, you are correct, i shall go and chastise myself thoroughly, several times if necessary
i blame Terry

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2171 on: November 17, 2019, 07:57:16 pm »
I  agree with Terry, a bit  of finishing it would look ok, and it does not need much..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #2172 on: November 17, 2019, 08:40:11 pm »
i've worked out what happened with the sprocket.....

the hard tail has stretched the back end out and therefore the wheel is further away, causing the chain to be too short, therefore the solution is to fit a smaller sprocket...fixed
i blame Terry

Online jgger

• Master
« Reply #2173 on: November 17, 2019, 08:52:03 pm »
Ok, so now what about the brakes...........on either end?

Offline spotty

• Master
« Reply #2174 on: November 17, 2019, 09:00:35 pm »
the back ones are obviously an anti theft device, try to wheel the bike away and it locks up , falls on you, your swearing brings down the righteous indignation of the owner upon your sorry arse ( alternately....       "sorry mate, you just bought it" )

the front ones look like an upgrade or 'wing ones perhaps, gotta be better than early K ones anyway
i blame Terry