Author Topic: The Abomination thread!  (Read 359126 times)

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
Re: The Abomination thread!
« Reply #2550 on: September 15, 2021, 12:34:21 pm »
 Looking at the over spray on the tires I doubt it.

Offline gpzkat

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2551 on: September 16, 2021, 04:39:20 pm »
I'm not sure this is quite abomination territory, but it is definitely an interesting description. And a ripoff.  Being snarky below, oops.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/d/costa-mesa-1972-honda-cb350-custom/7381263938.html

I have put tons of custom work into this bike
..... I could do that in a weekend.  Maybe an extra day to bend the licence plate like that.

I just had high-performance Jetted carbs put on it.
.oooh, high performance, and even jetted!

Custom cone engineering exhaust
...it sort of looks like #$%*e.

Custom reupholstered the seat leather
.... I'd wager it's made of vinyl.  But you're the bike guru!

I put a great condition rust free tank on it

Custom clubman style handle bars
.... installed like Rudy Guiliani wears his iPods - nice!

Custom engine paint matte black with high heat paint
... How custom is a can of paint you buy for $9.99?

The carbs were tuned this week
... impressive.  If they were tuned last week, I'd be out.

The battery box is completely custom to create a more desecrate battery under the seat.
.... I think such desecration is not a good look.

The frame is in great condition no rust and has been outed recently
.... I'm not sure if the frame is happy about being outed.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 04:47:20 pm by gpzkat »

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2552 on: September 16, 2021, 05:08:18 pm »
 All that greatness for only $4450.00. Looks barely street legal to drive. Luckily Michigan doesn't do inspections yet.

Offline rb550four

• Master
  • I'm nobody's slave and nobody's master
« Reply #2553 on: September 16, 2021, 06:15:00 pm »
  $4450..... So all this time I've been tracking down parts so my bikes will be complete if I ever sell one. So  350 is a new sales model maybe we should all be getting in on..... selling most of the parts off the bike to guys like us before you sell  the roller with an uncomfortable seat, and a 75k engine, for big dollars?  Hell , that guy should make over 7 grand on that bike that way. Why that could be money in the bank,in the bank. Yes twice.This guy is a genius, I'll bet he'll have his own spaceship pretty soon,  if he doesn't already have one. I heard Branson started off doing stuff like that with planes to make his first billion.... perhaps I should try this investment model soon before everyone else jumps on board and floods the market.
  Just think about all that time  we wasted putting bikes back together when we could have just sold all the parts first and ride around on what was left for a year and a half .....and expect to get a high dollar sale in 19 months. What were we all thinking?
A few Honda 500's, a few Honda 550's, a few Honda 650's, '72 cb 450, a couple 500/550/650 hybrids, and 2001 750. 
  550 Snowbike -Somebody had to do it.
  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,101678.0.html             
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,137317.msg1550907.html#msg1550907

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #2554 on: September 16, 2021, 06:35:16 pm »
Oh well, some yupster with skinny jeans, a beard and a man bun will love it......... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline gpzkat

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2555 on: September 16, 2021, 07:21:52 pm »
On the upside, I picked up a bunch of '73 750 parts from people making customs, got a nice front fender, complete electrics, barely used perfect chrome OG shocks (I know they aren't great but actually these work pretty well!), grab rail. All in really nice condition for $100. Fads come and go, it's always going to be that way.  Always look at the bright side of life!

$4450..... So all this time I've been tracking down parts so my bikes will be complete if I ever sell one. So  350 is a new sales model maybe we should all be getting in on..... selling most of the parts off the bike to guys like us before you sell  the roller with an uncomfortable seat, and a 75k engine, for big dollars?  Hell , that guy should make over 7 grand on that bike that way. Why that could be money in the bank,in the bank. Yes twice.This guy is a genius, I'll bet he'll have his own spaceship pretty soon,  if he doesn't already have one. I heard Branson started off doing stuff like that with planes to make his first billion.... perhaps I should try this investment model soon before everyone else jumps on board and floods the market.
  Just think about all that time  we wasted putting bikes back together when we could have just sold all the parts first and ride around on what was left for a year and a half .....and expect to get a high dollar sale in 19 months. What were we all thinking?

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #2556 on: September 16, 2021, 07:24:03 pm »
He has extra room between the seat and tank for his nuts to slide into when rear-ending the vehicle ahead of you so the tank can castrate you as you go flying over the bars...
Love that feature he built in!

I enjoy how his header pipes are clean and shiny but he's baked a nice patina on the cans giving them a light coating of oil so they will give a lovely bronze...
That takes custom talent!

"The guys over at Mach 1 in Costa Mesa have dialed this think in. It runs beautifully and pushes some pretty great power for a 350cc bike."
The guys getting it to think is incredible too...
He takes it on short rides as that's all it can do before he has to push it home.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:28:21 pm by RAFster122s »
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline gmoss

« Reply #2557 on: September 17, 2021, 10:04:36 am »
Oh well, some yupster with skinny jeans, a beard and a man bun will love it......... ;D

hey man, that's me you're describing, don't associate me with that fugly motorcycle-shaped-object.

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: The Abomination thread! Highest Price bike with Comstars !
« Reply #2558 on: September 20, 2021, 11:31:24 am »
 This is a high price, and no high dollar parts 77 engine in a 74 frame.. 16 K Canadian ..i kid you not..
 They claim 74 frame , but its not factory or even factory with hardtail..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 11:34:04 am by 754 »
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline BPellerine

• Master
« Reply #2559 on: September 20, 2021, 02:41:53 pm »
looks like a 90s sporty engine
1978 CB 750K ard and webers
another anfob

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2560 on: September 20, 2021, 05:33:13 pm »
Yeah should be 80,s
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #2561 on: September 25, 2021, 12:19:49 pm »
Truth is if it was closer, I would probably pick it up.

Its in New Philadelphia, OH

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • I love to restore & travel. Keep'em Going Strong !
« Reply #2562 on: September 25, 2021, 12:31:32 pm »
Prokop,you going to get that? I guess it'll need some type of jackshaft to connect the automotive rear yoke to the CB900 driveshaft.
75' CB400F/'bunch o' parts' & 81' CB125S modded to a 'CB200S'
  I love the small ones too !
Do your BEST...nobody can take that away from you.

Offline Alan F.

• We remember the Night Rider, and we know who you are.
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2563 on: September 25, 2021, 05:55:19 pm »
I believe that's the shaft drive 10 speed hi-lo engine.

Wow, those engine cases do go on for a while don't they?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 05:57:03 pm by Alan F. »

Offline Remcod

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2564 on: September 26, 2021, 02:26:41 am »
For sale locally ($700.00). Do you think there is any chance the owner did that custom paint job himself ??  You have to wonder if it was stolen or Meth is truly a terrible substance  ;D  ::)
This is why you have to lock the paint cabinet when you have young childeren

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A415F met Tapatalk

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #2565 on: September 26, 2021, 03:40:57 am »
Prokop,you going to get that? I guess it'll need some type of jackshaft to connect the automotive rear yoke to the CB900 driveshaft.

Yes, that would be an interesting problem. I wonder if the rear axle is off center, because the power output sure is.  Maybe thats where he stopped.

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #2566 on: September 26, 2021, 03:42:25 am »
I believe that's the shaft drive 10 speed hi-lo engine.

Wow, those engine cases do go on for a while don't they?

Correct, it is from CB900 Custom.  The connecting transfer case makes it long.

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #2567 on: September 26, 2021, 04:55:52 am »
Saw a guy build a three wheeler and he matched the pumpkin location to the shaft drive cutting the axle tubes to length. He was putting it on a shaft drive Suzuki. Thread was on cx500 forums several years ago.

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2568 on: September 26, 2021, 11:06:02 am »

Yes, that would be an interesting problem. I wonder if the rear axle is off center, because the power output sure is.  Maybe thats where he stopped.

I was looking at the left side of the engine/trans. and it looks like the output shaft butts right into the frame !
I would imagine the frame would need to be modified.

Offline 70CB750

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
« Reply #2569 on: September 26, 2021, 03:35:23 pm »

I was looking at the left side of the engine/trans. and it looks like the output shaft butts right into the frame !

I actually know this.  The engine has output on the left. after that there is connecting transmission (High and Low, its the oblong chrome shape you see on the left) and the output is on the right through the swing arm. 

Honda was combining european engine with chain output on the left and rear wheel from Gold Wing with shaft input on the right. 

Offline RAFster122s

• Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #2570 on: September 26, 2021, 03:36:20 pm »
CX500 output shaft is that way as the ring drive on the hub is on the outside of the hub...

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2571 on: September 26, 2021, 05:04:35 pm »

I actually know this.  The engine has output on the left. after that there is connecting transmission (High and Low, its the oblong chrome shape you see on the left) and the output is on the right through the swing arm. 

Honda was combining european engine with chain output on the left and rear wheel from Gold Wing with shaft input on the right.

Oh,I see it.  :)  I looked up a used CB900C engine on Ebay and noticed the orientation of the drive spline.
I didn't see it in the pictures you posted Prokop.
That will make things more simple.I also hope the engine is turning the driveshaft the correct way for that rear axle.
I hope you will purchase and build it:project bike.  8)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 09:29:35 am by grcamna2 »

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2572 on: October 04, 2021, 05:14:44 pm »
 A friend of mine who owns a vintage bike repair shop posted on Facebook that he was going to be working on this Honda 500 turbo and was wondering if anybody has ever seen this hideous trunk set-up before or who might have made it. It is off and highly doubt it is going back on  ;)  Anybody recognize it ??
  On another note a guy was killed in my area recently at 2:00am when he hit a deer on highway US131. Here is his female passenger.  WEAR A HELMET !!

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #2573 on: October 04, 2021, 05:55:04 pm »
Wow. I never cease to be amazed at how some folks put the most inappropriate accessories on their bikes. That box on the back would be better suited to a big tourer like a ‘Wang or some other land barge, not on that CX500T which was marketed as some kind of sports bike, back in the day?

That poor woman will probably wish she’d died when she sees what’s left of her nose etc, if she isn’t brain dead. When I first started riding helmets weren’t mandatory here but were common, and I don’t think I’d ride like the lunatic I am without one, just head butting a bird at 60 MOH is bad, but a deer? That would be horrible.

A friend of mine hit a cow on his CB750 back in the 70’s and survived, maybe because he was wearing a helmet? It was over the Christmas holiday period when cops from Melbourne were sent to all the regional holiday spots including my home town. Two young cops arrived on the scene and pulled a pump action shotgun out of the boot to dispatch the injured cow to cow valhalla.

My mate was riding with a group of bikers, and the cops were talking to them about the crash, when both cops explained that they’d never shot anything except paper targets, and happily handed the shotty over to another mate to do the deed. They picked the wrong guy to trust with their Mossberg, who proceeded to empty the magazine into the poor cow. The cops were less than impressed as apparently they had to account for every shell and would have to explain why it took 5 or 6 shells to kill a cow that was nearly dead anyway. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline grcamna2

• Not a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2574 on: October 04, 2021, 07:16:43 pm »
That CX500T with the back-end !  You see the name on the side of it? exactly right !
That owner must have a disease called 'Saddlebag Syndrome'.  :D