Author Topic: Team Michigan  (Read 57205 times)

Offline RatRacer

Re: Team Michigan
« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2011, 04:25:27 pm »
A can of polish can fix a little dirt... dents as big as the one I've got take a little more than a sponge bath!

My wife says I need to take a short break from riding... and I can't exactly blame her for it.  So now that I have some free time, I'm thinking about a complete engine re-build followed by a total bike re-build as an all out cafe racer.  I'm thinking silver powder-coating the frame...
  • 1979 CB 650 SOHC/4.  Currently undergoing surgery to replace reason with insanity!
  • 1999 Ram 2500 QCSB Cummins Diesel.  Headache Rack, Spray-on Bedliner, S.Steel Nerf Bars, Silencer Ring MIA, 4" TB Aero Exhaust, 1-Ton Suspension Upgrade, BHAF.
  • 2007 Mustang GT California Special.  Convertible Top, Bullitt Exhaust.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2011, 04:42:56 pm »
See, something good can come out of anything  ;D Just don't let her know how much that "little repair" really costs  ;)
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #352 on: September 26, 2011, 04:33:40 pm »
Hey Guys and Gals!

If you have any photos or reports that you'd like to pull together for the Motorcycle Classics Blog, we need to do that soon.  I know a number of you have posted up various things in a bunch of different threads.  We also have the photobucket album and the relay-wide photo site too.  It would be a bit of work trying to find all that then consolidate it for the blog.

So I have a favor to ask.  What say we start another thread here in the Michigan forum where we can post what we'd like to say about the relay.  Mix in our favorite pics with captions.  I can then consolidate the submissions to make it Blog ready.  We also have an opportunity for Motorcycle Classics to then take the blog and make a full blown, legit, REAL magazine article about the relay!

I don't know when we have to be ready for the presses, other than to say "soon".  so kindly collect what you've said in the past or write up a paragraph or three of new stuff.  Mix in any photos you'd like and post it here in the Michigan forum!

Thanks!
Bruce (OldSchool)
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2011, 04:45:40 pm »
Bruce,

Thanks for posting. One thing I was told by Motorcycle Classics is that they need high res pictures. I'm thinking along the lines of megapixels. I usually shoot my Panasonic Lumix camera at 7mp. Not quite sure how we put all this together or how to grab pictures but we'll figure it out. I'm not that accomplished at that sort of thing  :o

Ofreen is wanting to post his entries into the Riders Log topic but is waiting for the guys before him to post up first. We're doing out best to keep the ride in order. If you can make an entry there also that would be great.

Lastly, ANYONE READY TO RIDE AGAIN?!?!  ;D

Jerry
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2011, 04:51:13 pm »
you betcha  i am heading back up to the bridge this fri-sun anual color ride3rd year for mei sure do love riding my rigid chopper
don't buy it build it

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2011, 06:02:21 pm »
you betcha  i am heading back up to the bridge this fri-sun anual color ride3rd year for mei sure do love riding my rigid chopper

Just returned from a week in the western U.P. Colors were just about peak there. I hope your weather is better than we had, with the exception of one day, it was 45F (day and night) and drizzle.  :'( But we love it up there anyway.  ;)
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2011, 01:53:52 pm »
will let you know sunday nite
don't buy it build it

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2011, 02:39:30 pm »
So far, the forecast, if you trust it, looks pretty good for the weekend. Have a good ride.
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #358 on: October 03, 2011, 04:37:12 pm »
the ride last weekend was GREAT if you  like riding in an all day downpour with the temps in the low 40's on fri.sat was dry the temps again in the low 40's along lake huron to the mac bridge(it was a lot warmer in july lol)sun weathear hit mid 50's sunny what a great ride had only 2 malfunctions 1st was a waterlogged air filter fri and 2nd was a bad load of gas sun other than that the 750 ran great
don't buy it build it

Offline cb650

• Old Timer
« Reply #359 on: October 19, 2011, 03:57:07 am »
Hey guys finally had a chance to check out the pics someone forwarded to Dad.
Very cool going to try my dam-best to make it out next year.  Love riding over big mac. 
18 grand and 18 miles dont make you a biker

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #360 on: January 25, 2012, 06:32:24 pm »
Hey Guys!!

We're putting the band back together!!

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=101086.0

Don't know the format yet, but if ur interested, sign up!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #361 on: January 27, 2012, 06:31:11 pm »
consider me signed up maybe my son will go this year on his 71 500
don't buy it build it

Offline RatRacer

« Reply #362 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:05 pm »
I'm in too. 

My bike is still in pieces but I'll be ready to roll out as soon as the snow is gone!
  • 1979 CB 650 SOHC/4.  Currently undergoing surgery to replace reason with insanity!
  • 1999 Ram 2500 QCSB Cummins Diesel.  Headache Rack, Spray-on Bedliner, S.Steel Nerf Bars, Silencer Ring MIA, 4" TB Aero Exhaust, 1-Ton Suspension Upgrade, BHAF.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2012, 06:55:23 pm »
Glad to have ya back on board Rat!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #364 on: February 16, 2012, 02:40:34 pm »
Hey Rat,

If the thundering Hurd of mighty SOHC4's were to ride up US-23, where would you like to meet up?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline RatRacer

« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2012, 02:46:07 am »
My folks live in the Lansing area so I'd probably come down to see them and then leave with you guys.

When my father and I used to ride 23 north to The Bridge, we'd usually head north from Lansing to M-46 take it to St. Louis (just north of Alma) where we'd get on Pine River Road, head north to M-20 and take it into Midland where M-10 merges in, in Bay City we'd take M-13 north, and that eventually turns into US-23 just south of Standish. 
Just a clever little way to avoid large cities and freeways.

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »
OR take I-94(yea i know its a freeway)to New Baltimore (by Mt Clemens) go east to the st clair river.  the road turns into M-29.after port huron it becomes M25.take that around the thumb and continue around saginaw bay it then turns into US23 that will take you to the bridge  just a thought
don't buy it build it