Author Topic: Installing braided lines with banjo end  (Read 4042 times)

Offline rbmgf7

• 2>4
  • Expert
Installing braided lines with banjo end
« on: August 20, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »
The answers can be found on the site but figure I localize it to the T&T: brakes.

I'm running dual discs on my 72 750 but this procedure is also relevant if you just want to use a banjo instead of hard lines. Its all straight forward with the exception of removing the flare seat inside the caliper where the OEM hard line installs into.

What I did (also suggested in other posts) was drill the flare seat hole just large enough to screw in an ordinary wood screw. Some use pliers and a hammer but if you want, just leave the piston in the bore (it will mar the piston so I only suggest doing this if you're installing new pistons). Another suggestion is I happen to have a 27mm socket which dropped right in the bore. Proceed to screw and eventually the screw will stop against the piston/socket. Out it comes. I suggest chasing the bleeder holes with a tap (M10x1.25).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:38:29 pm by rbmgf7 »

Offline Mantree

• Hot Shot
Re: Installing braided lines with banjo end
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 06:37:37 am »
Thanks I'm looking to do this on my bike.  Just wondering what is the total length on the lines without the hard line?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »
Your question is a bit vague, a bit like asking..how long is a piece of string..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline Mantree

• Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 06:14:22 pm »
I guess now that I am awake I'll try again.  Do you know the total length of all 3 original lines together?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk