Author Topic: CB550 Clutch Basket Rivets contacting Shift Brackets  (Read 700 times)

Offline WarwickE36

• Expert
CB550 Clutch Basket Rivets contacting Shift Brackets
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:40:10 pm »
Just like the title says my clutch basket rivets are hitting the levers ... there is a spacer that's about 2mm thick (haven't actually measure it yet) behind the basket, can this be shimmed father out?

Sorry for double posting this, but I thought it would get a bit more attention here than in my motor rebuild thread.

If anyone has any tips for fixing this I would greatly appreciate it.
" Why does anyone get offended by what someone does to their own bike? I dont get it. "

You made me think about it after I cheered knowing someone else would like to know what these control freaks are up to.
 Every time any owner strips whatever precious Honda part the horrified purists parts go up in value. That's not the part that bothers them.
 What bothers them is they sat up late at night, their breast full of wonder and estrogen, unable to sleep, dreaming about their lovely darling and all her glory... and next thing you know someone else doesn't share their emotional deluge and their reaction is they must spread their mind museum as far as they possibly can, taking over as much of the real world as possible.

Drink fast, drive slow, but ride it like you stole it

1974 Cb550 with style
2004 SV650s

Offline haill

• Hot Shot
Re: CB550 Clutch Basket Rivets contacting Shift Brackets
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:37:26 pm »
When rebuilding my 71 cb500 there was evidence of this happening prior to the PO, which I had placed to bolt backing out on the shift linkage itself?
the shim is to limit free play against the circlip which is measured to a looseness of 1mm and no greater.  If shims are used but on the inside of the snap ring which would move the basket closer.

Offline WarwickE36

• Expert
Re: CB550 Clutch Basket Rivets contacting Shift Brackets
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:14 am »
Sorry to do this bump I am really stumped.  BUMP
" Why does anyone get offended by what someone does to their own bike? I dont get it. "

You made me think about it after I cheered knowing someone else would like to know what these control freaks are up to.
 Every time any owner strips whatever precious Honda part the horrified purists parts go up in value. That's not the part that bothers them.
 What bothers them is they sat up late at night, their breast full of wonder and estrogen, unable to sleep, dreaming about their lovely darling and all her glory... and next thing you know someone else doesn't share their emotional deluge and their reaction is they must spread their mind museum as far as they possibly can, taking over as much of the real world as possible.

Drink fast, drive slow, but ride it like you stole it

1974 Cb550 with style
2004 SV650s