Author Topic: Need Spoke Help, Cutting and re-thread, yes I have used both search functions.  (Read 1645 times)

Offline adrianm1972

I have a 1982 CB650 with 19" F and 17" R wheels.  I am trying to build on a budget as this is my first project.  I can get a set of front spokes on ebay for $40 (9G straight) but I cant find spokes for the rear.  Does anyone know a place than can cut and re-thread spokes to size?  I would like to get a 2nd set of spoke and get them cut down.  Buchanan's will not cut other brands of spokes, only their own...I called.

Offline lone*X

• Expert
I can understand why Buchanans wouldn't re-roll the threads on inexpensive EBay spokes (most are from Thailand).  How could they warrantee their work?  The customer is going to blame them if the spoke fails since they touched it last.  And the original vendor isn't liable either since his product was modified by someone else.   

Buchanans may be expensive but they have a good reputation and use quality materials. 

Lone*X  ( Don )

75 CB550K1  
VTX1800C for two up cruisin.
Several others have come and gone but whose keeping track.
52 years on two wheels and counting.....
"The best safety feature of any motorcycle is the one God put between your ears.  It's also the least utilized"