Author Topic: Cyclex exhaust question  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Curtis750

Cyclex exhaust question
« on: September 29, 2011, 04:51:39 pm »
Has anyone used this exhaust?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=200562198361&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

If so, how is it for changing oil and filter? do i need to remove it? How does it sound and perform?

I have a friend that wants my Hooker 4 into 2 exhaust for his CB 750, so I would like to go to this 4 into 1

This is for my 1972 Honda CB 750

Thanks,

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
Re: Cyclex exhaust question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 05:53:45 pm »
I don't believe there are any issues with taking off the filter with this pipe. Call Cycle X directly they are VERY helpful on the phone. Thats a nice exhaust for sure.

Offline cougar

• Hot Shot
  • Stamping Ground, Kentucky U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:06 pm »
Hey Curtis; From everything i've learned from the "Net" and I'm an INFO FREAK, the design "crossover" along with the fact it's a 4 into 1 is the best design that you can use for All around performance on a 4 cyl.  bike. Like "brandEn" said ask Ken @ Cyclex, he knows his stuff when it comes to our bikes and will shoot straight with you. Now I have to admit I've not spoken with him myself, this comes from ALL the things I've heard others say over at "Hondachopper.yuku.com" where I've been a member for around 3 years. I believe you'll be quite satisfied with this set-up.    ...cougar...
I'm not prejudice, I'll weld anything that pays! Knowledge that is shared is Never Lost!!   Right is right, wrong is wrong! The truth is the truth and a lie is a lie! DEAL WITH IT ACCORDINGLY !!!   I HATE "DIAL-UP"

Offline nokrome

• Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 11:25:23 pm »
i run that pipe on my bike, not with that tip though,
   changing filters is no problem,
 i think it sounds great but a lot of that depends on your muffler/tip
Funny thing about regret is...... its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done.

Offline Curtis750

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 02:59:07 am »
Thanks for the replies,

Nokrome, what is your tip like? baffled or non?

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:58:57 am »
Quick hijack--Nokrome,nice machine,have you ever put your bike on a scale yet ?, wondering how much it weighs wet.

Offline nokrome

• Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 12:20:14 pm »
Thanks for the replies,

Nokrome, what is your tip like? baffled or non?
  that cycle x pipe has a 2.5" outlet, so my muffler has a 2.5" perforated core wrapped in steel wool, its basically straight through, i dont know if that qualifies as a baffle or a muffler or what, sounds MEAN though. 

Quick hijack--Nokrome,nice machine,have you ever put your bike on a scale yet ?, wondering how much it weighs wet.
   i weighed it at work a while ago, it came in right around 450 (dry), thought it would have been lighter.
Funny thing about regret is...... its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done.