Author Topic: raask rearsets on a CB750 K8  (Read 1766 times)

Offline xlemming

raask rearsets on a CB750 K8
« on: May 01, 2012, 05:44:56 pm »
I am trying to fit some raask rearsets on my '78 K8 CB750 but am hitting on issues on the left (shifter) side.  Based on looking at the bracket it seems that the top of the bracket should connect to the top rear engine mount bolt.  The problem is that bolt doesn't seem long enough, and the top hole in the bracket is threaded.  Has anyone else hit this or similar issues fitting raask rearsets?  Any pictures would be appreciated.  I'll try and add some pictures to illustrate what I am talking about in a bit.

Offline xlemming

Re: raask rearsets on a CB750 K8
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:22 am »
Actually I am pretty sure I've figured it out (after thinking about it some of the night and at work in the morning).  I just need to reverse the bolt (thread it in from the other side), and not use the nut at the end of the bolt (use the threads in the rearset bracket).  I'll let everyone know this evening once I give it a try.

A feel a bit sheepish as it seems like no one else has had this problem before, next time I'll take a few more days to mull things over.

Offline bjonesin

• My Project
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:29:23 am »
I've considered replacing the stock rearsets on my 77. What made the decision for you? why did you pick the Raask?

Offline xlemming

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:59:43 am »
I ended up picking the raasks as they're the only bolt on rearsets for the '77-'78 bikes.  I had tossed around the idea of fabbing up some custom ones and welding mounts onto the frame, as well as using rearsets that mounted using frame clamps.  I've been a bit time constrained (work and such), so I just opted to cut my losses and keep things moving along by going with the raasks.

That said, they are pretty much bolt on, but as others have mentioned they're not super awesome.

And yes, the top engine mount bolt had to be flipped around (so the head of the bolt is by the rear brake light switch), and the other end threads into the bracked on the shifter side.

Offline Donny_B

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 08:07:19 am »
Hello, Can you post some pics? Also, what did you do about the Bolt/Mount for the OEM Pegs? Thank you.