Author Topic: How did you meet your wife and how long have you been married?  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
How did you meet your wife and how long have you been married?
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »
LMAO Hush!
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline Really?

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2011, 04:44:17 pm »
Hey Johnie, bet she enjoys the wind while she nods off on the back of that Wing!  CCOErika (the wife) does on the back of my Venture (the Wings life long competition no matter how old she gets ;) )
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline Johnie

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: How did you meet your wife and how long have you been married?
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2011, 05:05:28 pm »
You are a wise man Tipper...yes, she does nod off on the Wing. My tip is when her helmet bumps the back of mine. Then I start singing through the mic and she can not sleep anymore... ;D
1970 CB750K0 - Candy Ruby Red
1973 CB750K3 - Candy Bacchus Olive or Sunflake Orange
1970 Chevy Chevelle SS396 - Cortez Silver
1976 GL1000 Sulphur Yellow

Oshkosh, WI  USA

Offline Really?

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2011, 06:00:16 pm »
Thanks for the wise compliment, us old men need something prideful to cling on to. That helmet tap lets me know I can sing and not be heard, lol.  I am happy I can provide the ole lady something soooo relaxing....

Sounds like you are familiar with the Venture-line, good on ya!  If Honda would put it in my priceline, one would be in my garage. I might be able to handle a gl1000 fer sure!  But it would have to be cafe'd.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2011, 03:09:04 am »
One of my more crude mates at work told me today "If it's got tits or tyres it's gonna give you trouble some day"! ;D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Johnie

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2011, 04:22:53 am »
You just have to maintain & check both those items frequently and things will be great.

Oshkosh, WI  USA

Offline dhall57

• Old Timer
  • The 70's! SOHC4 Honda's & Marcia Brady of course.
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2011, 04:56:26 am »
You got that right Johnie. A lot of trial and error here, but I found out over the years regular maintenance is the key ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:34:40 am by dhall57 »
1970 CB750KO
1971 CB500KO-project bike
1973 CB350G- project bike
1974 CB750K4-project bike
1974 CB750K4
1976 CB750K6
1977 GL1000
1997 Harley Wideglide

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2011, 01:01:21 pm »
I've got work mates paying regular maintenance, they reckon that's why they can't afford to upgrade their bikes lol. ;)
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:37 pm »
I've got work mates paying regular maintenance, they reckon that's why they can't afford to upgrade their bikes lol. ;)

They're paying for it after-the-fact because they thought they could get away without paying for it up-front.  There are no free rides!

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2011, 03:13:37 pm »
One of my more crude mates at work told me today "If it's got tits or tyres it's gonna give you trouble some day"! ;D

But tires need to be replaced when worn out or or too old.  Maybe should be the same for the other?!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Johnie

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2011, 03:14:48 pm »
And now days with new technology you can inflate both... :D

Oshkosh, WI  USA

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2011, 03:16:34 pm »

But tires need to be replaced when worn out or or too old.  Maybe should be the same for the other?!

I dare you to say that to the wife! ;D

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2011, 08:44:38 am »
Mine or yours Gordie? ;D

Offline 78CB750CAFE

• I'm not really an
  • Expert
  • Ride, wrench, repeat.
    • Drewfus Nation, my podcast, bicycle collection, blog etc
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2011, 09:15:02 am »
One day I walked into the wrong bar to meet some online friends from a board I used to frequent, she strolled in with 2 guys and sat next to me. New she was the one from the get go. We wil be together ten years this may.

Drew
"I believe in the bodies, I believe in the blood, I believe in salt around the rim of the glass because it makes us thirsty, and when we drink, then we all fall in love"
-212 Margarita by The Hold Steady
Build thread:http://forums.sohc

Offline Operator

• Someday I will live up to being a
  • Expert
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2011, 12:05:13 pm »

There seems to be a lot of parallels between bikes and marriages. Here is my philosophy on both.
Only ever own one, make sure it is the right one for you, look after it, love it, respect it, and it will last you a lifetime.

And don't ever consider taking another one out for a ride "just because it looks fun" it's likely you don't have enough insurance to cover you if it all goes wrong............haha
If ever there was a creator of bastard sons, it is the open road, for she has claimed so many young men yearning for freedom......

1973 CB750 K3
1976 CB400F (Cafe Project)
1979 Yamaha XS400 (Currently up for Sale)

Offline Raef

• Expert
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2011, 03:16:49 pm »

I dare you to say that to the wife! ;D

believe it or not, I will repeat anything I type, and I am certain I have used that on before.

If I recall correctly the statement that got me in the most trouble in my little world of married bliss, would have been suggesting "maybe that should make tires out of the "pink stuff" because you certainly can't hurt it."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:20:04 pm by Raef »

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2011, 09:05:02 pm »
Nice catch then Drew