Author Topic: Anti-Pod mod?  (Read 15398 times)

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
  • “Life is too important to be taken seriously.”
Anti-Pod mod?
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:00:18 pm »
i have been talking with tintop about making some velocity stacks that will fit his Anti-Pod setup and work on mikuni's and keihin carbs and whatever else everyone is running. only dilemma is i dont have these carbs to make the mockups on so i was wondering if anyone could give me the measurements (diameter and length) of the intake on different carbs so i can see about making some stacks for the high performance carbs.
“Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: Anti-Pod mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 09:33:46 pm »
Your a good man orkid. I responded to your comments about this in another thread but mick7504 has some MikuniRS34's as does Tweakin , brandEn and Doctor_D.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »
Ya I saw your response. Figured I would post here at the higher chance of getting a response from the performance guys

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 11:01:10 pm »
Actually I have CR29s but I would gladly send you one of my stacks as long as you send it back.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 11:04:53 pm »
Actually I have CR29s but I would gladly send you one of my stacks as long as you send it back.

Well. you'll just have to get yourself some RS34's then.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 01:24:28 am »
Are these the measurements that you're after mate?

If I can't get these back on without a fight, I'm gonna be swearin' at somebody.  ;)

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 07:05:37 am »

Well at the moment I mostly need measurements. What kind of velocity stack is it though?

If I can't get these back on without a fight, I'm gonna be swearin' at somebody.  ;)

Awesome! Those are exactly what I was needing. I am assuming by the look of those they are rs34's right?

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 07:47:20 am »
unfortunately with those measurements the plate would have to be bored out a bit to compensate for the much larger stacks

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 08:15:25 am »
Ok I will get some measurments. The stacks are the factory stacks that come with the CR's. Are the measurement Mick posted above the ones you need?

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 08:29:39 am »
Ok I will get some measurments. The stacks are the factory stacks that come with the CR's. Are the measurement Mick posted above the ones you need?

O they are the factory ones? You can send one if you want but really just need the same 2 measurements like mike posted.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:21:24 pm by orkid1989 »

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 12:26:05 pm »
got the bracket drawn up

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 02:43:37 pm »

Well at the moment I mostly need measurements. What kind of velocity stack is it though?

Awesome! Those are exactly what I was needing. I am assuming by the look of those they are rs34's right?
Yep, RS34's.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 03:30:30 pm »
ordering the material for the plate so should hopefully have it cut and ready to go sometime next week. ill try molding a velocity stack after that. just wondering if i could get a show of hands of who is interested in the kit for RS34's?

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 04:53:55 pm »
I'm in. Are you getting the rest of the filter parts from tintop.?
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 05:04:00 pm »
if at all possible. i sent him all the measurements that the parts will need to be. it will be different that the one he is currently making by a few mm so cant really use anything. basically the same design just a slight increase in size.

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 04:18:22 pm »
Finally measured my CR29's. I measured the same two places as mick7504 and came up with .392" and 1.964". If this Anti Pod comes to production for the CR29's count me in.

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 05:26:19 pm »
Finally measured my CR29's. I measured the same two places as mick7504 and came up with .392" and 1.964". If this Anti Pod comes to production for the CR29's count me in.
well it is possible. from the measurements that you gave me is about 5mm smaller in diameter. so would it work using the same ones with a 2.5mm thick spacer/ring on the inside of the velocity stack? if not it would have to be a whole different velocity stack

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 05:40:22 pm »
If your talking about a ring on the inside of the stack along the intake path I would say no. An ideal solution would be an exact copy of the factory CR stacks made for use with the antipod...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:52:14 pm by brandEn »

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »
I agree, that spacer will create a disruption to airflow and defeat the purpose of the stack in the first place....
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 06:01:44 pm »
I agree, that spacer will create a disruption to airflow and defeat the purpose of the stack in the first place....
thats kinda what i was thinking. the only other way i could think of is have completly different sets of stacks. if their is enough people with cr setups i would be happy to look into it.

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 06:10:07 pm »
what about making the stacks out of a very flexible silicone and make them 52.5mm diameter? that way they could clamp onto the 40mm carbs and stretch a little for the 55mm ones? or possibly make them 50mm and have them stretch to fit the 55mm carbs? other than that the only thing i can think of is doing completely stacks

Offline brandEn

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 06:31:00 pm »
If your going to do it, do it right and make carb specific stacks. I would not really be interested in universal ones. TT makes his stacks as exact copies of the Honda designed stacks. I think you should do the same for the RS and CR carbs if your going through the trouble. More money and more work I am sure.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:33:10 pm by brandEn »

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 06:50:17 pm »
If your going to do it, do it right and make carb specific stacks. I would not really be interested in universal ones. TT makes his stacks as exact copies of the Honda designed stacks. I think you should do the same for the RS and CR carbs if your going through the trouble. More money and more work I am sure.
well seeing as it will be roughly $200 per mold i would like to do a universal one if possible. but if their are enough people who would want them then i could do both. dont feel like being in the hole a couple hundred especially seeing as i dont have either carbs. i would like to brake even if possible

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 08:18:45 pm »
well seeing as it will be roughly $200 per mold i would like to do a universal one if possible. but if their are enough people who would want them then i could do both. dont feel like being in the hole a couple hundred especially seeing as i dont have either carbs. i would like to brake even if possible

Actually we would like to see you make a dollar out of these ourselves, correct sizes are what we need though, i've spent enough money not to make compromises at the last hurdle... ;)  If you make them both i would be talking to Mike Rieck and Ken at CycleX and see if they can't help you get some sold, CycleX may even be interested in selling them themselves.....You never know....

There's a few guys here running both types of carbs so maybe we should try and steer them to this thread...
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline orkid1989

• Hot Shot
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 08:52:46 pm »

Actually we would like to see you make a dollar out of these ourselves, correct sizes are what we need though, i've spent enough money not to make compromises at the last hurdle... ;)  If you make them both i would be talking to Mike Rieck and Ken at CycleX and see if they can't help you get some sold, CycleX may even be interested in selling them themselves.....You never know....

There's a few guys here running both types of carbs so maybe we should try and steer them to this thread...
sounds good to me. ill see about making a mold for them when i get a chance and can borrow my friends lathe to make a stack