Author Topic: Aussies - what oil do you use CB750  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Aussies - what oil do you use CB750
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 10:16:40 pm »
I only used it once Mick, I bought a K4 and did it up, then sold it to a British backpacker who wanted to ride around Australia. He wanted me to get a roadworthy certificate for the transfer of rego and get it serviced at the same time. The shop that did the work only used Pennzoil, and I don't know what grade they used, but it smoked like a bastard.

The poor bugger who bought it rode it to Sydney and got booked by the cops for "excessive smoke" so the buyer rang me and I suggested that he dump the oil out and refill it with penrite 20W 50 and he did, and hey presto! No more smoke. I haven't used it myself, and I've got no idea what grade it was, but it was thin.............  :-\

I throw just about anything in my bike, any cheapo supermarket oil is much better than the stuff available when my bikes were new, so I know I'm not doing them any harm. Of course I run an oil cooler on them too, but don't tell Lloyd, or this will turn into another war of words........... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)