Author Topic: Sorcerer and Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe to be restored  (Read 461035 times)

Offline sorcerer

• Hot Shot
Re: Sorcerer and Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe to be restored
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 07:43:23 pm »
Russ do you call your modified street bike the sorcerers apprentice?

bad joke but just had too

Jim

40th Anniversary Assassin....A tribute to the giant killer that changed the sport forever. His single engine stock framed, blown gas SOHC 750 that gave the Fuel Harleys a hard time. I wanted to build a small block that could go after the the big Hayabusas...mission accomplished at least at my track. Low 8's, no bar street tire, all motor 1 litre GSXR weighing in at 350...225HP to the rear wheel thanks to Lee's Cycle in San Diego.

Offline sorcerer

• Hot Shot
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 07:52:47 pm »

About to have some fun with nitro in the most serious and historical version of the SOHC genre.
Getting ready to restore some history and enjoy the new technology in the background...hope to have all three at the drags within the next year...Ok maybe two. The triple needs a chassis but the Sorcerer just needs some love....and a rod ...and a piston...and a few bearings. No worse than damage that I've done on that modified street bike only a whole lot more fun to ride I'm thinking.

RCjr

I never thought I would hear myself saying this,   "bugger the old stuff, tell us more about the Pro Street Bike"
Welcome Sorcerer (Prostreetrc) young Russ, I wondered how long it would take you to find us. ;D
Perhaps you could get your Father to call in for a chat. ;)

Sam. ;)

PS, sorry for editing your post. 8)

The Pro Street Assassin...wished it could have been a Honda but my sponsor got to pick the platform and they make these go real fast. Lee's Cycle

And because I had to show this Suzuki...here is a real treat...what will be
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:08:39 pm by sorcerer »

Offline 1080

• Hot Shot
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 11:01:43 pm »
Welcome.

RC rocks.

Offline sohc boy

• Hot Shot
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 01:19:42 am »
Welcome.

RC rocks.
.....yep i'll second that !....great news
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:28:32 am by sohc boy »
i live by the voice inside my head

Offline sohc boy

• Hot Shot
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 01:27:26 am »
hve had this on my workshop wall for years...... be awesome to see these up an running 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:16:49 pm by sohc boy »
i live by the voice inside my head

Offline FuZZie

• Expert
  • If I is expert, I can has cheezburger?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 05:26:09 am »
The Pro Street Assassin looks like a brute can you tell us a bit of the details? (you don't have to give up anything just general stuff) ;)
Nothing against Suzuki I've had a couple including a water buffalo, they make a great bike too!

Offline Jim F

• Need a bigger house for more toys
  • Master
  • go baby go
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 06:19:31 am »
Russ do you call your modified street bike the sorcerers apprentice?

bad joke but just had too

Jim

40th Anniversary Assassin....A tribute to the giant killer that changed the sport forever. His single engine stock framed, blown gas SOHC 750 that gave the Fuel Harleys a hard time. I wanted to build a small block that could go after the the big Hayabusas...mission accomplished at least at my track. Low 8's, no bar street tire, all motor 1 litre GSXR weighing in at 350...225HP to the rear wheel thanks to Lee's Cycle in San Diego.
What a great bike you have there and I do hope you can make it to Valdosta.

Thanks for keeping everything that we, as a very large family love................

your dad started all of this and I am glad that your keeping the family tradition going
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
2002 998 Dukati (Customers Bike)
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline sorcerer

• Hot Shot
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 07:29:23 pm »
The Pro Street Assassin looks like a brute can you tell us a bit of the details? (you don't have to give up anything just general stuff) ;)
Nothing against Suzuki I've had a couple including a water buffalo, they make a great bike too!

All that you can do to the internals with just a smidge left in the box.  It's built to last..still runs the water pump, push button start, alternator...but will pull your arms like a Pro Mod at mid track and all that on a street tire...no bar...took me 30 passes to keep the front end down and then we were running circle track mid 8's all day. It was built at Lee's in san diego to match Jeremy Toye's RR bike and boy can they build them.

Offline FuZZie

• Expert
  • If I is expert, I can has cheezburger?
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »
Rock it hard buddy, you have to turn legend into a dynasty!   ;)

Offline y2kc0wb0y

• B00msh0cka
  • Hot Shot
  • Shoot the pickle....
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05:58 pm »
B00msh0cka. Welcome
CB750K3 890cc| 2004 VFR800A| 76 CB550F| 77 CB750F| 73 CB350G| 79 XLH| 2007 BMW R1200GS| CB750K2

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 06:28:20 am »
Nice paint on the gixxer. It doesn't take much to get busa's, GSXR 1000's, ZX-10's etc etc close to 200HP. Unthinkable about 20 years ago.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 08:48:34 am »
 RCjr, does the new Asassin have PM wheels?  Does RC have a lot of injector stuff for new bikes? Man there must be some hot bikes running around LA these days...
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 08:54:23 am »
RC Jr.  you probably just gave everyone here their favorite Christmas gift for the year by showing up here!   ;D   Glad to see those bikes back in the garage, such history.  Welcome, and like all the others, I'll be watching this thread daily! 
heffay
Today: '73 cb350f, '96 Ducati 900 Supersport
Past Rides: '72 tc125, '94 cbr600f2, '76 rd400, '89 ex500, '93 KTM-125exc, '92 zx7r, '93 Banshee, '83 ATC250R, 77/75 cb400f

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 08:55:54 am »
RCjr, does the new Asassin have PM wheels?  Does RC have a lot of injector stuff for new bikes? Man there must be some hot bikes running around LA these days...
Those wheels look stock to me. They do a great job cleaning/flow testing bike injectors Frank. They did my busa's several years ago.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline sorcerer

• Hot Shot
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2011, 10:36:42 am »
Those wheels look stock to me. They do a great job cleaning/flow testing bike injectors Frank. They did my busa's several years ago.

Yes of course those wheels are stock...love to go PM, ceramic bearings etc...could pick up tenth with a few more thousands of dollars....but you see where all of the money will be going now!

RC Eng. is definitely the place for Fuel Delivery. My Dad keeps the shop at the cutting edge of technology and is always looking forward...and is not very nostalgic, which is how I lucked out.

RCjr.

Online Bill/BentON Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ex Honda Service Manager, Cert. Honda Tech - Racer
    • BentON Racing
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2011, 04:10:06 pm »
That's Ok,everyone should be so lucky as to have such nice "stinky old motorcycles".You go RC jr.We're here to help...moral support if nothing else. ;) ;DBill
The inside of BentON Racing/Team Sam Green trailer:
BentON Racing Website
OEM Parts | Service | Custom Builds
BentON Racing Facebook
Over 35 years of experience working on vintage motorcycles, with a speciality in Honda SOHC/4 with a focus on the CB750 and other models as well from 1966 - 1985.
1993 HRC RS125 | 1984 NS400R | 1974 Honda CB750/836cc (Calendar Girl) | 1972 CB 500/550 Yoshi Kitted 590cc | 1965 Honda CB450 Black Bomber | 1972 Suzuki T350 | 1973 88cc | Z50/Falcons Pit Bike | 1967 CA100| 1974 CB350 (400F motor)...and more.

Offline sorcerer

• Hot Shot
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2011, 06:12:52 pm »
Nice banner...yours is in way better shape than mine.

Thanks for the encouragement....I just spent the afternoon in my modest two car garage cleaning, inspecting etc...the enormity of these restorations is becoming more apparent to me as I see what is written by persons like yourself.

As a 6 day a week Aerospace guy I cannot thank the people enough, close and far, that are helping on this.

One of those people, Kevin Weisenstein has taken on the role of Project Manager. He has worked tirelessly to bring the Sorcerer to the roller mock up seen in the photos released. His attention to detail and pure love of all things on two wheels is evident in his collection of custom bikes all built in his garage. I hope to be riding one of his custom Harleys or restored old Nortons to Palm Springs to visit with my Dad over the holidays.

Another hero in this rebuild is and will continue to be Joe Silva of Racers Machine, Inc. out of Escondido, Ca. He is reconstructing the blown rear engine and will be freshening up the other motor. This guy does it all and I recommend him for anyone with very special engine work...the kind you find in the old school shops. He is taking a stock CB750 and building an exact replica of a very custom nitro motor...and  nothing will leave his shop, all the machining, welding, boring, head work etc...all by his hands.

My Brother David, is our PR guy and I am very fortunate to have this talent at hand. A professional marketing person that has built, sold and built again some very top shelf enterprises...we will all see his handiwork soon. He took the shot below....much better than the amateur version I submitted.

Offline Jim F

• Need a bigger house for more toys
  • Master
  • go baby go
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 02:09:26 pm »
Just WOW.................
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
2002 998 Dukati (Customers Bike)
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline Big Jay

• Expert
    • CBRzone
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 02:20:02 pm »
What are you going to do for fresh rods in those motors?

Offline sorcerer

• Hot Shot
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2011, 03:12:29 pm »
Jay,

Is there an offer in that question?

Right now I think I only need one done...but I'm obviously going to be seeking engine component help. They are disposable..as you know, on a fueler, especially. My Dad only had to freshen up these motors once per season and that was for a little leak down. I'd say he had some pretty solid parts given the boost and 90 % he was running.

Were putting a marketing package together and will be soliciting manufacturers accordingly. Actually more than just manufacturers...lets see if we can interest the motorsports leaning advertisers first.

Someone will benefit from the show we can put on...we will find them. Then there will be rods, pistons etc...

I'll know a lot more in the next 90 days.

RCjr

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2011, 03:22:57 pm »
Welcome to our family.
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline Gearheadgreg

• Hot Shot
  • Jamestown Rhode Island
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 04:19:03 pm »
Welcome and thanks for coming here! Your father was the reason i rode a 750 back in the 70's and still do! i was amazed how that Blower fit so sweet..like it was meant to be there. I use to work at Gardena ICE off Normande ave for a relative down the street from your old shop. looking forward to seeing your progress on the bikes
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:07:29 pm by Gearheadgreg »
2001 Honda Supercharged Valkyrie   <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/meloafer/embed/slideshow/"></iframe> Just having some fun

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 04:37:13 pm »
Let me also add my thanks to you for taking on this resurrection project. You can obviously tell by all of the posts that we've all been in awe of this bike from its inception  and throughout it hayday and still feel deeply humbled by having you share this up close and personal rebuild with us on the forum. RC set the bar for everything SOHC and we are all still in some way chasing that dream.

Again, thanks for being gracious enough to allow us to view the rebirth of this work of drag racing art.

Offline Big Jay

• Expert
    • CBRzone
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 07:54:11 pm »
Jay,

Is there an offer in that question?

Right now I think I only need one done...but I'm obviously going to be seeking engine component help. They are disposable..as you know, on a fueler, especially. My Dad only had to freshen up these motors once per season and that was for a little leak down. I'd say he had some pretty solid parts given the boost and 90 % he was running.

Were putting a marketing package together and will be soliciting manufacturers accordingly. Actually more than just manufacturers...lets see if we can interest the motorsports leaning advertisers first.

Someone will benefit from the show we can put on...we will find them. Then there will be rods, pistons etc...

I'll know a lot more in the next 90 days.

RCjr

I just knew that Bill hasn't made any golden rods in decades. But I could point you in the right direction to get some new updated ones made.

Offline sorcerer

• Hot Shot
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2011, 07:29:45 pm »
That's funny...someone emailed me today with a set. I'm thinking new technology unless that is the best rod I can get my hands on. Maybe BME.