Author Topic: good tire news  (Read 1864 times)

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
good tire news
« on: December 12, 2011, 03:21:30 pm »
a couple of years ago, when visiting the continental stand at eicma, asked the guys why dont they do some classic racing tires and give some war to avon/dunlop

why dont you try road attacks II? he answered.  its a modern sticky radial that is available in 18" too as 110 & 120 fronts. too wide for the front, too narrow for the back was my reply.

then two things happened.

First,  turns out that ari henning has been winning in AHRMA with such a combo, so they seem to stick, but that was on a 350 or 450 twin i believe.

Second event, while waiting in Berlin's airport for my flight, I was browsing through german FASTBIKE mag and even with the little i speak, i could understand that they are going to release this year more 18 inchers, a 100 front + 130 and 150 rears, in "Classic Racing" compund!
They tested the tires in this years biker classic with some selected teams.
Sent an email to the conti guy i met and he confirmed it, so looks like at last there might be a cheaper option to the super expensive KR164, AM23 etc.

looking fwd to try them next year if they do reach the market.

guy sent me also a pdf about them, just too big to post

TG

From Conti....

Hello ,

we know about the international regulations so we also offered a 150/65/18 besides the 110/80/18 for the 2011 season! For 2011 we had a lot of testing with the special endurance racing compound on radial high performance classic racing tires which we developed on international race tracks. In 2012 we want to have even more sizes ready (130/80/18 & 100/90/18) as you also saw in the FASTBIKE magazine.

As you can see in the presentation we put the latest Continental technology into the all new 2012 ContiRoadAttack 2 CR.
For the 2012 racing season we have all the dimensions, versions and prices of the tires ready to race!

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: good tire news
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:53:28 pm »
Thanks for that TG.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:58:37 pm »
good news , a bit of competition for avon and dunlop [ both who's prices have gone through the roof recently ] 
tg are continental still owned by pirelli ? if so they should be right on the ball with there wsb and bsb experience

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »
pirelli own metzler, regretfully both companies dont seem to be too oriented towards classic racing these days.

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:00:33 pm »
yes its a shame , there was talk of pirelli making some at the beginning of this year [ im blaming that for my confusion ! ] 

the conti doesn't look like it would shift much water , will still need a pair of avons in the van for when it rains .