Author Topic: the latest Brian (bear) news.  (Read 49035 times)

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Re: the latest Brian (bear) news.
« Reply #350 on: April 11, 2012, 10:56:00 pm »
I'll be in the pub having a few on the 20th July. 8) 8) 8)
I always celebrate the day men landed on the moon....................

and my BIRTHDAY.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam.  ::)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2012, 03:34:07 am »
I'll be in the pub having a few on the 20th July. 8) 8) 8)
I always celebrate the day men landed on the moon....................
AND MY BIRTHDAY.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam.  ::)

Is that why you wear that space suit on your bike Sammy? ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2012, 03:43:51 am »
Happy birthday Sammy.............21 again?

Cheers,
Brian
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline Tintop

• Old Timer
« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:56 am »
You might be in luck Cliff, we race @ Shannonville in July (about 2 hours east of Toronto).  I'll try and find the dates.

I'm sure Brent & I can find a few to tip in celebration on the 20th Sam. ;D ;D ;D
1977 CB550/4 Cafe - Speed Warrior / BOTM 03/11
1980 CB750F (project)
Whittaker GBF Vintage Racing Sidecar (XS750 power) - ITG / 151's / CMR Racing Products (SOLD)
1976 CB400 SS - stock / BOTM 04/11 (SOLD)
1973 CB750 K - basket case (SOLD)
77 CB550 Cafe build
550/750 Filter Thread
Sidecar Rebuild Thread

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »

You might be in luck Cliff, we race @ Shannonville in July (about 2 hours east of Toronto).  I'll try and find the dates.

I'm sure Brent & I can find a few to tip in celebration on the 20th Sam. ;D ;D ;D

Shannonville is July 14-15th. You can always count on me when it comes to tipping a few. Sam's b-day will be no exception.  ::)

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2012, 07:34:33 pm »
  So i don't forget your birthday Sam,  Here is a little something to get yer motor running........  ;)    ::)

Happy Birthday! from The Kinsey Sicks (Kinsey E-Greeting)
Remember; Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid !

Offline Jim F

• Need a bigger house for more toys
  • Master
  • go baby go
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2012, 03:45:49 am »
You guys are trying to make me older before my time ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D birthday ain't until July.  ::)

Sam. ;)
2002 RC51 1000 (SP2)
1983 GS1100EC Suzuki
2002 998 Dukati (Customers Bike)
1992 KTM500 2 stroke
1975 CB750/836 Honda
1978 GS750/840 Suzuki

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2012, 10:57:34 am »
 Jim,  Why is Sam's statement on your post ????    ???     Weird looking without the quote notation.    :o
Remember; Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid !

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #358 on: May 11, 2012, 03:08:49 am »
Well it's been awhile, and I wasn't even sure if Brian was still at the Royal Talbot, but I gave him a call and yep, he's still there, so as I was looking for an excuse to take the Bavarian Murder Weapon for a ride, I invited myself over to see how he's going. Ev was there too and we had a great yack, and Brian dropped another bombshell, he can walk!

Yep, he's still working on his balance and becausse I pinched his spot on the couch (sorry mate) he needed a little help to get out of the low chair that he was sitting in, but he's got a walking frame and can actually walk with it, which I thought was fantastic! He was able to walk across the room to his electric wheelchair, turn himself around, and sit down into his chair, and he's working on getting rid of the walking frame and moving on to walking with sticks soo, so that's excellent news.

He's also told me that his outfit is finished and ready to race again, he's getting his racing license back again, and his crew have installed an electric shifter and linked brakes, so he's aiming to start racing again at the National titles in November! Surprisingly, Ev is very supportive, and while she might not agree that it's Brian's best idea, she said that she's not his mother, so I think that's great, I don't know if my wife would be as accepting. Well done Brian, and well done Ev! Cheers, Terry, ;D 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #359 on: May 11, 2012, 03:17:33 am »
Jim,  Why is Sam's statement on your post ????    ???     Weird looking without the quote notation.    :o

Perhaps I was in America at the time and was using Jim's computer, you really must keep up Jon boy he says, replying nearly a month later. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jim. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2012, 03:25:20 am »
Well it's been awhile, and I wasn't even sure if Brian was still at the Royal Talbot, but I gave him a call and yep, he's still there, so as I was looking for an excuse to take the Bavarian Murder Weapon for a ride, I invited myself over to see how he's going. Ev was there too and we had a great yack, and Brian dropped another bombshell, he can walk!

Yep, he's still working on his balance and becausse I pinched his spot on the couch (sorry mate) he needed a little help to get out of the low chair that he was sitting in, but he's got a walking frame and can actually walk with it, which I thought was fantastic! He was able to walk across the room to his electric wheelchair, turn himself around, and sit down into his chair, and he's working on getting rid of the walking frame and moving on to walking with sticks soo, so that's excellent news.

He's also told me that his outfit is finished and ready to race again, he's getting his racing license back again, and his crew have installed an electric shifter and linked brakes, so he's aiming to start racing again at the National titles in November! Surprisingly, Ev is very supportive, and while she might not agree that it's Brian's best idea, she said that she's not his mother, so I think that's great, I don't know if my wife would be as accepting. Well done Brian, and well done Ev! Cheers, Terry, ;D

Fantastic news Tell, wish I had a woman like Ev, come to think of it, I just wish I had a woman ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #361 on: May 11, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »
Good news Terry... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Tintop

• Old Timer
« Reply #362 on: May 11, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »
Great news Terry.  Thanks for keeping us updated on fantastic Brian's progress.
1977 CB550/4 Cafe - Speed Warrior / BOTM 03/11
1980 CB750F (project)
Whittaker GBF Vintage Racing Sidecar (XS750 power) - ITG / 151's / CMR Racing Products (SOLD)
1976 CB400 SS - stock / BOTM 04/11 (SOLD)
1973 CB750 K - basket case (SOLD)
77 CB550 Cafe build
550/750 Filter Thread
Sidecar Rebuild Thread

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #363 on: May 11, 2012, 08:39:15 pm »
Where have you been hiding, guys? We got that most excellent news from the man himself a week ago! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=106295.0
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #364 on: May 12, 2012, 03:05:46 am »
Thanks Scott, and I forgot (until I read the thread in your link) about the "secret project" that Bill is working on for Brian, he's getting very excited about it! Cheers, Terry. ;D

maduncle

« Reply #365 on: May 12, 2012, 04:26:00 am »

Good to hear you are more mobile now Brian, Terry filled me in today on his visit last Friday.

Make sure we know where your first race is going to be - it would be great to come and watch you on the track.

Offline thrutheframe

• Expert
  • did you bleed when you built that?
« Reply #366 on: May 12, 2012, 09:18:01 am »
 I've been quietly following this since Brian's accident.  Obviously I don't know that man but I have a lot of empathy with his situation.  On April 15, 2004 I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move my feet, my knees would bend but nothing would happen from the knees down.  I don't feel like my situation was as bad as his but it was certainly traumatic for me and my family at the time.  My initial recover was pretty quick, I credit my hard head, the love and care of my girl friend and brother, and the skill of my neuro-surgeon.  The long term recovery was pretty slow and I still have some residual nerve pain and numbness in my feet, especially the right one. 
  It does my heart good to hear that Brian is recovering so quickly and that he is getting back into racing his side car rig.  His recovery is partly due to the tenacity of the Aussie spirit I'm sure, partly due to his desire to ride.  Keep pushing Brian, you'll get back out there!
'74 cb 750 K4
'79 CB 650 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83981.0
'75 CB 360T
'90 RC31 Hawk GT

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #367 on: May 12, 2012, 09:17:29 pm »
Awesome news Brian. And thanks terry for keeping us updated.
Hope to see Brian at a race meeting - maybe the classic next year.
Cheers
Peter.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2012, 09:38:00 pm »
I've been quietly following this since Brian's accident.  Obviously I don't know that man but I have a lot of empathy with his situation.  On April 15, 2004 I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move my feet, my knees would bend but nothing would happen from the knees down.  I don't feel like my situation was as bad as his but it was certainly traumatic for me and my family at the time.  My initial recover was pretty quick, I credit my hard head, the love and care of my girl friend and brother, and the skill of my neuro-surgeon.  The long term recovery was pretty slow and I still have some residual nerve pain and numbness in my feet, especially the right one. 
  It does my heart good to hear that Brian is recovering so quickly and that he is getting back into racing his side car rig.  His recovery is partly due to the tenacity of the Aussie spirit I'm sure, partly due to his desire to ride.  Keep pushing Brian, you'll get back out there!

Thanks for your thoughts TTF.
All the best with your situation.
As for me, it's head down and ass up.
I've got five weeks left to get good enough to walk out of here on these crutches. ;D

Cheers,
Brian

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2012, 09:44:39 pm »
Awesome news Brian. And thanks terry for keeping us updated.
Hope to see Brian at a race meeting - maybe the classic next year.
Cheers
Peter.

We'll definitely be lining up for the "Classic", without a doubt the best meeting of the year.
See you there Pete.

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:42:43 pm by bear »

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2012, 09:59:44 pm »
Hey Terry, make sure you keep Bear well supplied with beer; the more he drinks, the more often he will have to walk to the john!! Therapeutic exercise! ;D
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2012, 11:52:55 pm »

Hey Terry, make sure you keep Bear well supplied with beer; the more he drinks, the more often he will have to walk to the john!! Therapeutic exercise! ;D

An interesting twist to my therapy Scottly. ;D
I can work with that.

Cheers,
Brian

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #372 on: May 13, 2012, 01:15:26 am »

[/quote]

Therapeutic excuse to get pissed, sorta like having a dog ;D
HONEY, I think the dog needs to go for a WALK. ;D
HONEY, I think my pecker needs to go for a WALK  ;D
More beer means more exerSIZE.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #373 on: May 13, 2012, 02:25:01 am »
Ha ha, while I obviously don't drink myself, I suppose I could drop a six pack around to Brian next visit, if he's allowed to have one or three............ Hey Brian, have you got access to a BBQ? ;D

Offline thrutheframe

• Expert
  • did you bleed when you built that?
« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2012, 07:31:32 am »

Thanks for your thoughts TTF.
All the best with your situation.
As for me, it's head down and ass up.
I've got five weeks left to get good enough to walk out of here on these crutches. ;D

Cheers,
Brian

You can do it.  They told me it would take 2 or 3 years to get back walking again.  I was up and walking, poorly but walking, by the end of September, five months. These days I'm pretty much back to my old self.
'74 cb 750 K4
'79 CB 650 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83981.0
'75 CB 360T
'90 RC31 Hawk GT