Author Topic: Cafe Racer TV. Did Bryan Fuller cut up a sandcast tank?!  (Read 2667 times)

Offline WarwickE36

• Expert
Cafe Racer TV. Did Bryan Fuller cut up a sandcast tank?!
« on: December 30, 2011, 12:58:46 pm »
I tuned into the Cafe Racer TV show for the first time.  Fuller Hot Rods were building a cb750.  Did Bryan Fuller cut up a sandcast tank?!

He said something like "yeah someone told me the wrinkle tank is special or something, hes going to be really upset" then commenced to laughing and cutting up a tank.

" Why does anyone get offended by what someone does to their own bike? I dont get it. "

You made me think about it after I cheered knowing someone else would like to know what these control freaks are up to.
 Every time any owner strips whatever precious Honda part the horrified purists parts go up in value. That's not the part that bothers them.
 What bothers them is they sat up late at night, their breast full of wonder and estrogen, unable to sleep, dreaming about their lovely darling and all her glory... and next thing you know someone else doesn't share their emotional deluge and their reaction is they must spread their mind museum as far as they possibly can, taking over as much of the real world as possible.

Drink fast, drive slow, but ride it like you stole it

1974 Cb550 with style
2004 SV650s

Offline srbakker

• Spam & Eggs
  • Hot Shot
Re: Cafe Racer TV. Did Bryan Fuller cut up a sandcast tank?!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:44:04 pm »
Isn't there a really long thread about this somewhere? :)
1975 CB750 K5
2007 Triumph Tiger
2007 Triumph Speed Triple
1971 Kawasaki F7 175 Enduro
2000 Honda VFR800 (gone but not forgotten)

Offline lone*X

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 01:47:29 pm »
Did the TV camera show the wrinkles in the frame tunnel or was he just adding drama dialog to the show?  It wouldn't surprise me if it was a scripted tease instead of cutting up the real deal.   Most reality shows have very little real reality in them.  They are scripted to the hilt.
Lone*X  ( Don )

75 CB550K1  
VTX1800C for two up cruisin.
Several others have come and gone but whose keeping track.
52 years on two wheels and counting.....
"The best safety feature of any motorcycle is the one God put between your ears.  It's also the least utilized"

Offline cb650

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 03:52:24 pm »
More and more disappointed in the show.   Certainly was bragging about cutting up a sandcast and when the cut the triple trees just tossed the gauges on the floor.  "JUNK"
Cant wait for it to go the way of all the other stupid "build" shows.
18 grand and 18 miles dont make you a biker

Offline Eddie

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 05:17:49 pm »
Have to admit it though...the bike turned out pretty sweet. BUT, if he was going to do that much work I think they could have found another donor...

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 05:51:32 pm »
Isn't there a really long thread about this somewhere? :)
Yup, and it turned into a total crap-fest.. ::)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 06:04:59 pm »
I did feel a twinge when they "tossed" the gauges. I didn't appreciate the distaste he displayed for the vintage parts. If it was for ratings, it didn't work for me.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 05:23:40 am »
I haven't seen the second season, but I didn't think much of the first one. I guess in the grand scheme of things, a 500 dollar wrinkle tank isn't a big thing for these guys anyway, when you consider how many were destroyed by the chopper guys back in the day. I kind of like this one.............. ;D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1969-Honda-CB750-CB-750-K0-Sandcast-H486-wrinkle-gas-tank-fuel-petrol-/230722455809?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b8214901
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Greggo

• Somebody's
  • Old Timer
  • Helmets Save Lives. Period.
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 05:27:40 am »
I haven't seen the second season, but I didn't think much of the first one. I guess in the grand scheme of things, a 500 dollar wrinkle tank isn't a big thing for these guys anyway, when you consider how many were destroyed by the chopper guys back in the day. I kind of like this one.............. ;D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1969-Honda-CB750-CB-750-K0-Sandcast-H486-wrinkle-gas-tank-fuel-petrol-/230722455809?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b8214901

Is that just built up bondo? 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:35:54 am by Greggo »

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 05:29:35 am »
No mate, that's metal sculpture! (aided by a big bag of drugs, methinks..............) ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Greggo

• Somebody's
  • Old Timer
  • Helmets Save Lives. Period.
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 05:36:21 am »
(aided by a big bag of drugs, methinks..............) ;D

Agreed!!