Author Topic: My first CB: The final push 6 years later...  (Read 21157 times)

Offline stereosilence

• Hot Shot
  • 1975 CB550K
Re: My first CB: Project Phoenix
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2015, 12:29:31 pm »
I'm currently working on wiring. I want (almost) everything to be in a terminal block because I rewired it before (PO had done some jenky stuff) and it was a nightmare hooking up the rat's nest in the headlight bucket. My old controls were crap and I'm doing the frontend swap, so I went with some cheap modern ones. I painted them while I was painting the other stuff (they were scuffed and older) and I installed a little switch on the left one for the headlight/gauges on/off.

Offline stereosilence

• Hot Shot
  • 1975 CB550K
Re: My first CB: Project Phoenix
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2017, 05:17:12 pm »
Wow. It has been a long time. Since my last post on this thread, I have had a son, sold a house, bought a house, moved, and had a daughter. I finally have enough of the house projects squared away to get more serious about the bike project this winter. After owning this bike for 6 years, I really want to see it to completion, whatever it takes.

The bike:
In getting ready to move, I was putting everything together and I pumped the kickstarter a few times and the spindle came apart. I couldn't do anything so I left all the parts in the oil pan and put the bike in storage. I recently took the engine out (by myself) and fixed the kickstarter (the end circlip was over-expanded). So I did that and got it back in.

I ruined an oring on the oil filter, so I need to replace that, but next up is to carefully reassemble the clutch. I may need a replacement part there.

Here is a teaser of the bike when it was mocked up to show something of what it should look like when finished (although I would like a different exhaust)!

Offline kpier883

• is quite the
  • Hot Shot
Re: My first CB: The final push 6 years later...
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2018, 10:27:42 pm »
I hope all is well with the new(ish) family!!!  The bike you are building is a beauty, for sure!

74 CB750
80 CBX
82 KZ1000 K2 (LTD)
57 1/2 ton chevy