Author Topic: Chopper wiring on my CB750  (Read 3358 times)

Offline nayto550

• Hot Shot
Chopper wiring on my CB750
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:31:40 am »
So I spent most of my morning looking for a wiring diagram that would fit my needs to no avail.  So I drew my own (would've saved a lot of time if I would have done this in the first place.  ::))  I thought I would post it and see if anyone notices anything stupid that I may have done that would cause this wiring to not operate properly.  As far as I can tell it should work just fine.

Here's what I did:
-removed turn signals/buzzer
-replaced battery with a small capacitor
-removed starting system
-replaced charging system w/ 1-phase permanent magnet generator
-removed horn
-running a single brake light switch (rear)
-added solid-state combined regulator/rectifier

I know, I know, this type of setup is super dangerous.  At least I have a kill switch, unlike SOME people (you know who you are :o).  It is what I want on this particular bike, though (it's going to be my rally/show bike).  Like I said, I think it should work with no problems, but I would feel better with a second or third (or fourth ;D?) opinion on my schematic.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:03:38 pm by nayto550 »
1976 CB550F
1976 CB750F - in resurrection process
1988 HD FLHS

Offline jamesb

• Expert
Re: Chopper wiring on my CB750
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 12:56:52 pm »
maybe these will help you i'm going to od the same thing you are with my chopper here in kansas i don't need turn signals at all on my bike it's old enough not to get a ticket as far as being hassled by the pigs it's a different story.

I've done a lot of things in my life that I'm not proud of...and the things I AM proud of, "are disgusting"

Offline nayto550

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:09:08 am »
Thanks James, but the lower 2 diagrams you got there were the same ones I found before I got frustrated and drew up my own wiring.  As an engineer, those style of electrical drawing make my head hurt.   ;D

I think my wiring will work, but it's going to be quite awhile before I'm ready to test it out.
1976 CB550F
1976 CB750F - in resurrection process
1988 HD FLHS

Offline jamesb

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 08:59:05 am »
keep me informed on how it charges i've heard mixed reviews on using the reg/rec combo my bike isn't going to be done anytime soon but hopefully this summer i will know first hand if it does work.
I've done a lot of things in my life that I'm not proud of...and the things I AM proud of, "are disgusting"