Author Topic: dual oil tanks?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline romerider153

dual oil tanks?
« on: May 06, 2012, 07:47:42 pm »
i am building a turbo 78k and with the turbo location and exhaust routing the oil tank location is at a premium.  Im wondering if anyone sees any issue with running too small oil tanks one ran to each port in the motor and a lower cross over tube connecting the two tanks? any thoughts on this would be great.

Offline romerider153

Re: dual oil tanks?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:58:19 pm »
nothing no opinions ?

Offline brooze72

• Talk to my friends here at SOHC4 if you need an
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:18:02 pm »
Well my opinion, for what it's worth, is it would be OK as long as the total volume equals the original size tank.  Another consideration would be the oil feed, by that I mean there shouldn't be a condition where one tank could run dry & expect the second tank to feed it.  Maybe larger feed tubes with a tee to the engine in the middle??  Again, Im no expert, just thinking out loud.

I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of threads where custom tanks have been relocated under the seat etc.
2011, 2012 & 2013 Godzilla Relay Rally Rider
"Hold on loosely...don't let go
 If you cling too tightly...you're gonna lose control"
1972 CB500K1 - restored rider
1981 CB650C - new project

Offline romerider153

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 06:22:49 am »
iv seen all the under the seat optiin however with the seat i made and the exhaust coming out under the seat i don't think thats an option and i want the clean area under the seat.  the turbo is also placed further back in that area as opposed to how must others run it.