Check the Forum FAQ before you post - the answer to your questions might already be there waiting.
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
3. I don't think they are compatible and most people say they are not, but to make sure, the rotor (electrical) out of my 500 motor is not going to work in the 650 motor is that correct? When I tested the motor on the 650 it ran like a swiss watch (beautiful), however I did not think to check for charging, the measurement shows an open circuit so it is toast. So, can it be swapped in?
4. There is 1 missing tooth on the trans sprocket on the 650 motor and I was able to pull it easily, however the trans sprocket on the 500 seems to be seized on, any ideas on how to coax it off so I can clean it and put in into the 650?
Also, if anyone wants parts off the 650 or the 500 that I am not going to use please leave me a PM.
Also, has anyone seen this white powder inside of the rotor well? Looks like corrosion maybe? Do I need to be worried because the 500 was perfectly clean inside of the rotor well.
2. 650 Engine swap in. I was able to get a donor bike for 200USD with a swiss watch running motor and trans in it. I pulled the motor, trans, entire electrical system, front wheel (entire assembly), rear end (swing arm with wheel, brake drum, tire). I was reading that the motor can be 'bolted right in' in place of the 500. Has anyone does this before?
openpieceatatime - To answer a bunch of your questions...1. I am going to do my own rebuild on the rotor, I have a Croatian EE here and he said he will give me a hand so I can learn how to rewrap this stuff. WOOT!
2. I did not get the title to the bike. It was a 1981 CB650 (non-custom) and had some pretty heavy rust damage to the frame. I have been using it as a practice piece for welding because of the rust damage ( literally holes in 2 places on the frame ) so I could not in good conscience sell it.
3. I have been digging through my parts bins in regards to the headlamp and reflectors question, might need more than a day to look ( mostly because I dont get off work till 5 and the storage shed closes at 6 ).
Thank you for putting up the info with the guy that did the 650 into a 550. That will be helpful me thinks. I have decided I am going to put the whole bike together ( loosely that is ) to make sure everything fit and that there are no surprises later on ( especially after doing all sorts of stripping and painting ). Do you have pics of your bike?
Bad Behavior has blocked 3534 access attempts in the last 7 days.