Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1387488 times)

Offline petercb750

• Master
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #7650 on: April 30, 2015, 03:57:04 pm »
What Kev said.^^
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
  • After work to the "Wets"
« Reply #7651 on: April 30, 2015, 05:36:01 pm »
That I've never understood if you're in another country and they say death for pissing on a cop whilst drunk then I think I would carry a large elastic band our guys were in Sardinia as ground crew for a NATO air gunnery competition and when the Carabinieri showed up to question them for small mischief's they were lined up against a wall at machine gun point and checked apparently that made believers of them so afterwards they were good little airmen.
Apparently the cops had no sense of ha ha.
Bill the demon

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #7652 on: April 30, 2015, 06:49:27 pm »
I think it was in Singapore but I remember years ago some American teen who got busted there for theft/vandalism and his sentence was to be caned (a good whipping) and the news create quite an uproar here with human rights activists. Many thought is was a draconian punishment and blah blah blah but the point is that the kid new well beforehand that Singapore had strict laws and crazy punishments for them yet he chose to do something stupid anyhow, got caught yet expected the rest of the world to feel sorry for him because he was going to get whipped for it. What a cry baby he was.
I think I remember that - was it for graffiti = vandalism?
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

DH

« Reply #7653 on: April 30, 2015, 07:25:40 pm »
Yup, early 1990s. Clinton even sent an appeal for lieniency. Kid still got it.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
I've always thought capital punishment appropriate for anyone who would seek to profit from someone else's misery, but my heart went out to Myuran Sukumaran's little sister when I saw her wailing inconsolably just a few hours before the executions.

Ten years ago, she wouldn't have known what her big brother was up to, and even if she did, she wouldn't have been able to stop him. While it could be argued that he and his co-accused deserved the punishment they received, I don't think their families deserved the nightmare they've been living since their convictions.

I can't even imagine what an ordeal it's been for their families and the grief that they've suffered over the last few weeks, which came to a grisly conclusion a couple of days ago. Very sad, and probably, unnecessary.   

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Terry, I do agree with you mate about the situation being sad and unnecessary.
Especially for the families who have to live with the outcome.

The death penalty is something that I don't condone, but Chan and Sukumarin ran the gauntlet in a country that executes those who push the boundaries and get caught.
For that reason, I have no feelings for them having to face the firing squad.

It certainly is a point of contention regarding the death penalty.
The bottom line to me is that Indonesia doesn't interfere or protest about Australian law and Australia should shut the fcuk up and reciprocate.

Fair enough, the Australian Government made submissions to the Indonesian Government on behalf of this pair, but the outcome was always plainly obvious.

All of this candle lit vigil and minutes silence for the drug smugglers is Bull Fcuking Sh1t.

It pisses me off.  ;D
End of rant.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
@ Terry - and what about the misery caused by their actions and enterprise? The hundreds or thousands of families who suffer the loss of a child to addiction, to crime to feed the addiction, or the victims of the crime who suffer for the addicted? Play with fire, you deserve to be cooked.

My heart doesn't bleed for the guilty, only the innocent. Capital Punishment is appropriate when/where an individual makes a willing choice to put the lives of innocents at risk. Drug smugglers, rapists, pedophiles, murderers. Save the country some dough, and put a piece of lead through their vacuum. We have plenty of good people left, most of whom ride a Honda  8)
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
@ Terry - and what about the misery caused by their actions and enterprise? The hundreds or thousands of families who suffer the loss of a child to addiction, to crime to feed the addiction, or the victims of the crime who suffer for the addicted? Play with fire, you deserve to be cooked.

My heart doesn't bleed for the guilty, only the innocent. Capital Punishment is appropriate when/where an individual makes a willing choice to put the lives of innocents at risk. Drug smugglers, rapists, pedophiles, murderers. Save the country some dough, and put a piece of lead through their vacuum. We have plenty of good people left, most of whom ride a Honda  8)

Sorry Cal but I disagree strongly, the drug smugglers/sellers aren't responsible for the addicts that use drugs, they are just filling a space in the market, addicts will always be there, you are always going to have addicts in society, the addicts are responsible for their own and their families  misery, they are the ones that make the choices, they aren't forced into it. I certainly don't blame the alcohol manufacturers for my parents alcoholism, or all the deaths associated with alcohol, it is of their own doing, as are all addicts responsible for their vices.  I in no way condone what these two were doing, but after 10 years in a hell hole prison, and all the progress that was made with them and their contributions to both, helping prisoners and their own growth, I think it proved absolutely NOTHING to murder these people, as has been said already, the only ones here to suffer for this was the poor unfortunate families... Capital punishment is barbaric in a modern world... As a side note, these executions were more a political statement than a measure of the {corrupt} Indonesian justice system.... Cal, recent stats relating to deaths from both alcohol and heroin,  there were somewhere near 183,000 heroin related deaths world wide, there were over 2.5 million alcohol related deaths without including domestic violence and people killed violently by alcohol effected people.....
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
Interesting RR.
Bill the demon.

Offline petercb750

• Master
Very valid points RR.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to cause an argument here, I had no feelings at all for the two drug dealers, and as Mick said, they ran the gauntlet, (as they'd done before, they certainly weren't first timers and were involved in other drug smuggling activities in other countries) and they paid the ultimate price for their greed. 

I don't think they needed to be killed though, as RR has said their executions were more politically motivated, than necessary. I don't want anyone to think I'm sympathetic to drug dealers, I just felt sorry for their families, those poor people have been living a nightmare with no sympathy from any quarter, but they're just normal people who have been tarred with the same brush because of their relationship to the accused.

Most of us here are parents, and I couldn't help but wonder how we'd react if one of our kids went bad and did something like this, and we had to somehow continue to function knowing that the child that we'd brought into the world and raised as well as we could was sitting on death row, waiting for a politician to sign his death warrant? As I said before, it's very sad. Cheers, Terry. 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
You haven't started an argument mate.
All of your points are good and I agree with those.
While the discussion remains fairly respectful, it's all good.

What Andrew and Myuran did was all about choice and theirs was severely miguided.
The law of the land is the law of the land.

Once again, I can feel for the affected families.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline petercb750

• Master
It's one of those situations that has a couple of very valid sides to it, but as you say the ones that suffer so much are the innocent families and drug addicted....so there's no argument Tez, just 2 sides to a complex issue, but both sides do have some common ground. And I don't believe either "side" is 100% right.
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Pete, I believe that your comments sum it up.
I guess that while we are all on the same continuum, the only positive that may arise from all of this is that one of the final wishes of the executed pair was that the death penalty be abolished.
We can probably all agree on that.

Until such time, there is no excuse or offered sympathies for disrespecting another countries laws.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline trueblue

• A person who has had many interesting experiences, some of which are true, is known as an
  • Old Timer
Well last night was interesting, I left the academy at 4:30 in the afternoon and headed home, it was pissing down.  There was water over the road everywhere.  I got 10 minutes down the road and the drivers side wiper arm stopped moving.  I decided to go to a mates place which was about 15km from where I was so I could see what had gone wrong.  It was a very stressful and difficult trip, leaning over to see out of the passengers side of the windscreen.  I pulled into his shed and found one of the die cast ends on the wiper linkages had exploded.  #$%*, #$%*, #$%*  >:( >:( >:(.  It turned out he was heading up here anyway so I jumped into the car with him and we headed off.  It was steady going because there was water everywhere, until we got to Caboolture where the traffic ground to a halt for 4hrs.  The road was flooded, we were lucky enough to get into the servo there and we could sit inside in the warm where they had coffee ;D.  Long story, short I eventually got home at 2:30 this morning.  Made for a #$%*ing long day.  I have to say again, I #$%*ing hate cities.   >:( >:( >:(
1979 CB650Z
Nothing can be idiot proofed, the world keeps producing better idiots.
Electronic Guages for your SOHC 4

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
That's a bugger Andrew.

Just driving past Woolies carpark and seeing it chockas is enough to give you the horrors.

Tomatoes are getting put into the vege garden tomorrow and I'll try out your trick for keeping them upright.
I'm still a bit wary about those fcuken Bandicoots though.
Just can't get it out of my system and that's pissing me off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline calj737

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I refuse...
Sorry Cal but I disagree strongly...
And that's why we are mates, Mick. We have differing perspectives and you always offer valid, salient insights for me to consider. I can not disagree with your points, but my heart always remains torn over such issues.

A respectful hat tip to all!
'74 550 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=126401.0
'73 500 Build http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=132935.0

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of it's victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
Well Mick I've got to get my Tomato seeds in today so in 6 weeks they can be planted pisses me off they should have gone in last weekend I am a lazy and slack old S.O.B.
Bill the demon.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Bill, I had intended to have my tomatoes in about 3 weeks ago.
Last year, it was a bit shady where the vege gargen was so I've relocated it.

This morning I took the trailer up to the landscaping joint a bought 2 cubic metres of top soil to set up the new garden.
So this afternoon was spent on the shovel unloading it in the sun.
The beers were going down well but the ol' body is starting to complain now.

Just had a good feed and after 1 more beer I think that it will be time to hit the fart sack.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
Hey I haven't done S.F.A. except have coffee and toast and my bod says maybe it's time for a nap and 0900 local is to early for nap.
ill the demon.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Sorry Cal but I disagree strongly...
And that's why we are mates, Mick. We have differing perspectives and you always offer valid, salient insights for me to consider. I can not disagree with your points, but my heart always remains torn over such issues.

A respectful hat tip to all!

I agree with that Cal.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

• Really Old Timer ...
Fcuking theiving pricks selling #$%*ty old DVD's for bullschidt prices on eBay and Amazon piss me off. My wife loves crappy old movies from the 70's to the 90's that no self respecting DVD store would still stock, and as she has no computer knowledge, she asks me to buy them for her.

Example: "Night of the Twisters", a B grade movie starring John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard) that was a flop when it came out, yet Amazon wanted 80 bucks for a new copy! What the fcuk! Yeah, I could probably download it from somewhere for free, but she likes to have her library of awful movies, so she wants new copies in new cases, with all the original advertising, in the plastic wrapper.

How the fcuk does anyone justify charging more for a DVD than it cost to make the whole fcuking movie? Thieving Krunts.............  >:( 

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Well I got the fire breaks cut today and the vege garden is almost ready to start seeding out.
The weather has been absolutely salubrious although still fairly hot.
A carton of beer didn't touch the sides in that heat but they went down ok.

There were a few dead trees that I tied up with a sling and ripped out with the mighty Hilux.
After that there was the obligatory fire to burn the mongrols.

So it's feet up now with a coupla Wild Turkeys, a feed and then good night Cyril.
And the bloody Cane Toads are out in force again tonight..
Reckon that I must've zapped more than 50 of the fcukas with Dettol over the past week but their mates keep sneaking in to have a feed under the Bug Zappa.
They piss me off but Charlie loves to roll in the stinkers when they snuff it.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
Fcuk. I forgot to show you the fire photos.

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline demon78

• Old Timer
Mick do you get crown fires? The reason I ask the fire  breaks don't look wide enough now I'm not  there so I may not have the proper perspective.
Bill the demon.