Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 1384774 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #9050 on: October 15, 2015, 01:12:37 pm »
Well done Andrew, you've made your short week even shorter! Well I filled up the new Ford Terrorist for the return trip to Melb last night, I'd driven 570 Km since I filled up in Yarrawonga, and the most dieso I could squeeze into it was 39 litres?

That equates to: 14 Km per litre, or 7.14 litres per 100 Km, or in the ancient language of the Druids, 41.56 miles per (imperial) gallon! That's better than most of my bikes! I think I need to offset it by looking around for a nice Old V8 to stick in my Exploder just to balance things out...... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9051 on: October 15, 2015, 02:06:53 pm »
The mrs mazda 626 wagon is getting in the 5's. Pretty awesome.
When I was doing the 160km a day return commute the 350 v8 ute would get low 9's....on the PI trips it gets in the 8's. Even awesomer.

I'm pissed off that I'm going to work today and Andrew isn't.
1972 750/4 K2 (his), 1976 400/4 (hers)
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9052 on: October 15, 2015, 02:35:48 pm »
Ha ha, that's nothing Pete, my old Monaro with the worked 327 and twin tunnel rams mit 2 Holley 600's would get in the 6's too! 6MPG, that is... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline bear

• Vale Bill McIntosh ......"illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9053 on: October 15, 2015, 05:09:23 pm »
Don't talk to me about V8's. >:(

The 6.5 liter GMC in my Landcruiser has chewed up another torque converter on the way home from Bathurst.

I'm sick up and fed of pulling the tyranny out of the poofter.
The fcuking thing weighs a ton. Not an easy job for a cripple.  :(

I'M PISSED OFF! >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 06:29:48 pm by bear »
The older I get the faster I was.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9054 on: October 15, 2015, 05:13:48 pm »
Don't be such a sook Brian, look at the bright side, if you drop it on your foot, it won't hurt! Hmmmnnn, that sounds inappropriate, sorry mate, don't show this to the Beautiful Ev, she'll probably stab me...... ;D

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9055 on: October 15, 2015, 06:24:02 pm »
Don't be such a sook Brian, look at the bright side, if you drop it on your foot, it won't hurt! Hmmmnnn, that sounds inappropriate, sorry mate, don't show this to the Beautiful Ev, she'll probably stab me...... ;D

Your kidding aren't you?
Every time I get off my arse to waddle off and do something.
Ev yells,  "Thunderbirds are go"! ::)
Now that's inappropriate.

Cheers,
Brian

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9056 on: October 16, 2015, 02:01:20 am »
Ha ha, yeah mate, I forget that you've got a pretty tough audience there. Back to your original post, what's causing the torque converters to crap out? Too much grunt I'm guessing, is there a heavy duty version available, maybe in the US? Cheers, Terry. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9057 on: October 16, 2015, 02:08:25 am »
Hey Pete, I just got home from Canberra and noticed that Emily the kitten was trying to get something in the drapes. It turned out that there was a huge female Huntsman trying to protect her bag of eggs.

I tried to get her off the curtains with the broom, but no go, so I took a coffee jar and put her and the bag of babies in it and took 'em out behind the garage and put them up on the roof of my little shed where they could find a new home.

They'll probably end up in my garage with all the other spiders, if you ever drop by I'll show you all my little friends........... ;D 

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9058 on: October 16, 2015, 02:17:51 am »
Haha....and to think I was going to look you up next trip to Melbourne....you can go and get fkd now  ;D ;D
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9059 on: October 16, 2015, 02:27:49 am »
Geez that's a bit harsh Pete, you know I'd protect you out in the old spider infested Tardis mate! ;D

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9060 on: October 16, 2015, 04:35:34 am »
The boss told me to fcuk off from work at 3 o'clock today after everything had been sorted out and dealt with for a Friday.
You fcuken beauty.

So I grabbed a nice cold Corona and  started peeling off the old crusty fcuked tyres from the Postie Bike so that I can despoke the rims and get things ready for the new spokes and rims that I bought outa Thailand on Ebay.
The new rims and spokes arrived on Thursday but the Ebay fcuka sent the wrong fcuken spokes which he's sorting out now.
He needed to know if the front and rear spokes were the same length which meant that the rear fcuken wheel had to be pulled apart too.
I bought a new rear hub the other week and I didn't need to gut the old rear wheel except that the fcuken spoke length had to be measured.

Anyway, normally you can peel a motorbike tyre from the rim while you're eating a fcuken Big Mac but not this time.

Man, I had to fight to the death with these crusty ol' poofta tyres.
They were that fcuken rooted and rusted around the beads that a few words were spoken which won't be found in any dictionary that is known to mankind.

So just to top things off, the fcuken tyre lever slipped and smashed me in the fcuken chest.
Next thing, there's fcuken claret pouring out all over me wharfies singlet.
That's fcuken it.

The only way to deal with that is to replenish the claret loss with liquid out of a bottle.
No worries, it's all good now and those fcuken rubber rings are off.

So after that fcuken episode, I now know that Postie Bike spokes are the same length front and rear.
For some reason, I don't feel that enlightened knowing that which pisses me off.  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9061 on: October 16, 2015, 06:56:46 am »
what's causing the torque converters to crap out? Too much grunt I'm guessing, is there a heavy duty version available, maybe in the US? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Yep you've picked it in one Tez.
It's a nice big low stall unit.
But with the exchange rate it's burnt a $2000 hole in my pocket.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9062 on: October 16, 2015, 07:26:02 am »
what's causing the torque converters to crap out? Too much grunt I'm guessing, is there a heavy duty version available, maybe in the US? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Yep you've picked it in one Tez.
It's a nice big low stall unit.
But with the exchange rate it's burnt a $2000 hole in my pocket.
I can see my mate up here in Darwin if you like Brian.
He's been eating autos for as long I can remember and would be one of the best in Australia without a doubt.
Or give him a call mate and tell him that Mick H put you onto him.
Mick Taylor Automatics
Ph 08 8983 1231
He's a fcuken good lad and a straight shooter with no BS and he won't piss in ya pocket.
He's not bargain basement but he'll give you full on backup advise and steer you in right direction.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline bear

• Old Timer
  • Leeton in Australia
« Reply #9063 on: October 16, 2015, 04:01:27 pm »
Thanks for the steer Mick.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so I'll give him a call Monday.

Cheers,
Brian

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9064 on: October 17, 2015, 02:40:59 am »
Today I embarked on the next phase to sort out an issue I mentioned in one of my older posts. You'll all remember how you took the piss out of me mercilessly, after I sneakily bought my magnificent Harley Sportster so I'd have a bike to ride around Canberra, without telling my missus.

I had Cliff sneak it up to Canberra for me, which "only" cost me a tad over 600 bucks, then I discovered that the dopey fcuking dealer here in Melbourne had cancelled the Victorian rego without consulting me, so then I tried to register it in Canberra and that was a wasted effort, so I need to get it back here and register it in my home state.

Rather than waste any more dough on freighting it back to the dealer, I decided to buy a bike trailer. The trouble is, bike trailers are mostly useless to me, as I'd only use one once in a blue moon, so for the rest of the time I'll be sitting in the weather, getting in my way. I've always wanted to build a folding trailer, but being the lazy fcuker I am, this was never going to happen.

I saw some "Easy Trailers" (folding trailers) on eBay starting at 799 bucks, but the one I wanted was around $1200. I figured that if they've been around for awhile, somebody must be selling one, and sure enough, a bloke in Frankston had one for sale for $750, or "make an offer". I offered him 650, and he took it. I drove over to Franger-ston today, and picked it up.

The seller, John, is a real nice bloke, he's a biker so he's human, and we had a good yack while he showed me how to fold and unfold it, and he chucked in same new rear wheel tie-downs that he bought from Aldi, but never got around to fitting. We did the money exchange, signed over the rego, and I towed the little feller home. While I'm still pissed off that my Sporty is sitting in a storage locker with only 2 km added to it's odometer in the month or so since I bought it, I'm happy that I'm getting closer to getting it on the road.

While I was at John's place, he offered me a very nice BMW R1100GS for a pretty good price, I told him I'd think about it.................... ;D 

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9065 on: October 17, 2015, 03:55:20 am »
I was wondering about the Sporty just this morning mate.

Now I've got a bit of a dilemma.
Last October, I did some brake work on this fcukas truck and he was a bit short of a quid, so I said no worries mate, we can sort things out.
As the months went by, (12 months to be precise) he kept telling me fcuken lies about his dire financial issues and how he'd split up with his missus and his dog had fcuked off and his fcuken lawn mower wouldn't start.

So, the time had come to reach a resolution or end up in a cardboard box.
Fcuken Easy Eh!!

Now I'm a proud owner of 3 fcuken Air Compressors after agreeing to settle with this lad on a petrol driven lad to add to the fleet.
So I started rearranging the shed today to fit all of the goodies in and there is no bloody way.
After having a bit of a peruse to see what isn't required anymore, I found a couple of semi roller bike frames that I've been hanging onto just incase.

There's a GL1000 frame and an RD400 frame without the motor.
I can't remember what I did with the RD400 motor and that's probably not such a bad thing after running a few amphometers (pre speed cameras) back in the day.
There's no way a coppers car could catch the ol' RD400 back then.

Tomorrows another day, and in the meantime, it's pissing me off thinking about where the goodies will fit into the Steptoe Cave.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #9066 on: October 17, 2015, 03:53:20 pm »
Mrs Redback under my van's filler cap flap is having babies. There's a neat, round egg sack with about 250 little baby redbacks waiting to burst forth. (Redbacks belong to the Black Widow group).
How's your Mrs Redback in the pillar Pete? Is she in the family way way too? That wouldn't piss you off, much, would it?
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9067 on: October 17, 2015, 09:01:27 pm »
I haven't looked!
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9068 on: October 17, 2015, 09:26:00 pm »

I can't remember what I did with the RD400 motor and that's probably not such a bad thing after running a few amphometers (pre speed cameras) back in the day.

Tomorrows another day, and in the meantime, it's pissing me off thinking about where the goodies will fit into the Steptoe Cave.  ;D

That's a good looking compressor Mick, 20 CFM, big tank and a Honda engine? I don't know what the brake job cost you, but that's a pretty expensive compressor mate, so I hope you got most of your money back? I don't know how those petrol powered compressors work, I presume the engine is running all the time, just idling away when there's plenty of air in the tank, and then it speeds up a bit to fire up the old pump?

It pisses me off that I've never had much to do with them, all my compressors have been electric, but the disadvantage of mains power is that the biggest single phase powered compressor I could buy was only 17 CFM, which was OK for painting cars, but not much chop for sand blasting, or using air tools like sanders especially, so I had to buy expensive electric sanders, rather than use cheaper air tools.

That RD400 is interesting, it's a pity you've lost the engine, that's be a good project. I was never a fan, I didn't like the "slabby" look of the RD400, but looks aside, they were a great bike for sure, and wickedly fast compared to bikes like CB400F's etc, more power and way less weight, it's no wonder the cops couldn't catch you, ha ha! I loved the RD350 and even better, the 350LC's, they were a cool bike, I almost bought an RZ350 project from a bloke in Tassie, but he wouldn't ship it to the mainland, and I didn't have time to collect it, or it'd be in the garage by now............

I hope you eventually find an engine for it and get it back on the road Mick, good old bikes like that deserve to be on the road, not hidden in dusty sheds............ Cheers, Terry. ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9069 on: October 17, 2015, 10:48:38 pm »
Rossi's Yamaha pisses me off................  :o

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9070 on: October 17, 2015, 10:55:56 pm »

That's a good looking compressor Mick, 20 CFM, big tank and a Honda engine? I don't know what the brake job cost you, but that's a pretty expensive compressor mate, so I hope you got most of your money back? I don't know how those petrol powered compressors work, I presume the engine is running all the time, just idling away when there's plenty of air in the tank, and then it speeds up a bit to fire up the old pump?

It pisses me off that I've never had much to do with them, all my compressors have been electric, but the disadvantage of mains power is that the biggest single phase powered compressor I could buy was only 17 CFM, which was OK for painting cars, but not much chop for sand blasting, or using air tools like sanders especially, so I had to buy expensive electric sanders, rather than use cheaper air tools.

That RD400 is interesting, it's a pity you've lost the engine, that's be a good project. I was never a fan, I didn't like the "slabby" look of the RD400, but looks aside, they were a great bike for sure, and wickedly fast compared to bikes like CB400F's etc, more power and way less weight, it's no wonder the cops couldn't catch you, ha ha! I loved the RD350 and even better, the 350LC's, they were a cool bike, I almost bought an RZ350 project from a bloke in Tassie, but he wouldn't ship it to the mainland, and I didn't have time to collect it, or it'd be in the garage by now............

I hope you eventually find an engine for it and get it back on the road Mick, good old bikes like that deserve to be on the road, not hidden in dusty sheds............ Cheers, Terry. ;D
The petrol driven compressors have got an air operated solenoid on 'em hooked onto the throttle linkage mate.

There's an air signal line that runs back to the pressure relief valve on the tank, which opens and closes the solenoid at cut in and cut out pressure.
So, with the air tank empty, the solenoid is holding the throttle linkage in it's wide open operating position, then when the air tank reaches it's predetermined pressure (Say 120 PSI) an air signal is sent to the solenoid from the pressure relief valve which triggers the solenoid and pushes the throttle linkage back to it's idle position, and at the same time, an air signal is also sent to the compressor head/s to hold open the discharge valves so that the air tank doesn't keep getting pumped up.

The fella owed me 800 bucks for the work on his truck and then some extra labour for sorting out the trailer brake air circuit on it.
Him and his mates had been playing with it and fcuked the whole shootin' match and I only did it to try and help him out a bit.
Fool me for doing that because I gave away doing that sh1t years ago.
So after being patient with him, it was time to let him know that when ya pissed off, ya pissed off.
It all worked out ok in the end but he can get fcuked now.

I miss the RD400 mate.
That was a ton of dangerous fun back in the day.
I reckon that it'd be fair to say that the front wheel was off the bitumen more times than it was on the bitumen.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9071 on: October 17, 2015, 11:15:00 pm »
Ha ha, yeah, they were wicked little things, one of my happiest memories of the 1970's was when I was maybe 15 (probably younger) on the back of my mate Hughie Bowden's R5 (pre-RD350) doing 105 MPH down Macleod Street in Bairnsdale wearing just shorts and thongs, and no helmets. (RIP Hughie, I miss you mate) ;D

Offline petercb750

• Master
« Reply #9072 on: October 17, 2015, 11:54:37 pm »
If you missed that motogp race today you'd be mighty pissed off. :o
1982 CB1100RC (ours)

Offline krusty

• Expert
  • There's no such thing as a garage that's too big
« Reply #9073 on: October 18, 2015, 12:15:05 am »
I wanted them all to win. What a race that was.
Honda
1976 CB750F1
1978 CB750F2
1972 CB350F
1961 C100 Cub
1962 C100 Cub
1959 C76
1963 C92
1964 C95
Suzuki
1963 M15D 50cc
1961 250TA Colleda
1961 250TA Colleda x 2 primed ready for paint and assembly
Yamaha
1977 DT175E x 2
1978 DT125E
1979 DT125F
1976 DT250E
1978 DT250G
1984 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #9074 on: October 18, 2015, 12:21:52 am »
Charlie was all set to kick arse on 4 wheels but he couldn't find the keys to the Quad Bike which pissed him off.  ;D

If I was you
I'd be worried about me.