Author Topic: '76 cb750 wiring diagram  (Read 18046 times)

JWExperience

'76 cb750 wiring diagram
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:51:41 am »
Can anyone point me to a site where I can find a diagram for my '76? I found one about a week ago and now I can find it again.
Also, has anyone wired up a sparto tail light? I just started to install mine and it did not come with any information about which wire is for running light and which is for brake light. It has three wires, blk, red, and green.

Offline Elan

• Expert
    • Vital Motor Parts
Re: '76 cb750 wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:57:21 am »
this is the best one ive found. I have a higher res one if you want it, 11x17. But I would have to emailit to you. If you want the higher res one, just pm me you email.

Oil Pump Kits are Available on eBay!See my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/Vital-Motor-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

k6 build   http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=79833.0

76 750k

Offline vonvendetta

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:25:14 am »
http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/file/n3316943/CB750wire2.jpg

If you want a more minimal setup. It was super easy to follow.

Offline Rigid

• She likes a
  • Expert
  • Speak from personal experience, or don't
    • KingCustomCycles
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:07 am »
Oldmanhonda.com for an interactive one that really helps as well as your 76 in .pdf
36 years of this stuff, here to help.

bollingball

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 11:02:58 am »

Why on earth would you need or want a 30a fuse? what size wire would you have for that? It goes from a master sw. to the starter solenoid I don't see a need for any thing over 15a I see a regulator and a voltage regulator but no rectifier?? Am I missing something please explain.
Ken

Offline bjbuchanan

• Master
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »

Why on earth would you need or want a 30a fuse? what size wire would you have for that? It goes from a master sw. to the starter solenoid I don't see a need for any thing over 15a I see a regulator and a voltage regulator but no rectifier?? Am I missing something please explain.
Ken

The rectangle with the big R in it
The dirty girl-1976 cb750k, Ebay 836, Tracy bodykit
Round top carbs w/ 38 pilots, middle needle position, airscrew 7/8ths out, 122 main jet
Stock airbox w/ drop in K&N, Hooker 4-1

Don't trust me alone with a claw hammer and some pliers

Offline Elan

• Expert
    • Vital Motor Parts
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 07:08:03 pm »
haha KING!
Oil Pump Kits are Available on eBay!See my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/Vital-Motor-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

k6 build   http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=79833.0

76 750k

Offline cougar

• Hot Shot
  • Stamping Ground, Kentucky U.S.A.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 07:14:34 pm »
The 1 "Rigid" was talking about is located here, http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/wiring750K1.html  .Remove or run as much as you want ! Hope it helps.   ...cougar...
I'm not prejudice, I'll weld anything that pays! Knowledge that is shared is Never Lost!!   Right is right, wrong is wrong! The truth is the truth and a lie is a lie! DEAL WITH IT ACCORDINGLY !!!   I HATE "DIAL-UP"

Offline Pecantree

• Hot Shot
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 11:08:01 am »
PM sent!
http://www.harvestclassic.org/

"The suspect had experienced a ballistic interlude earlier in the evening" Miss Pao said, "Regrettably not filmed, and relived himself of excess velocity by means of an ablative technique."         ......    ?    ........         "She say you have road rash."

bollingball

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 12:18:23 pm »

Ken

Look over at the abbreviations to see what that big R stands for ;)

Offline bjbuchanan

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 07:03:21 pm »

Ken

The key is just wrong. If you look up the wires that go to the rectifier those are the honda colors and correct pathways it seems he just wrote the wrong component name. What would this "regulator" do? I'm not trying to argue the point but if you compare the schematic and known wiring colors and pathways it is the rectifier mislabeled
Round top carbs w/ 38 pilots, middle needle position, airscrew 7/8ths out, 122 main jet

Offline vonvendetta

• Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 07:19:57 pm »

Ken

The key is just wrong. If you look up the wires that go to the rectifier those are the honda colors and correct pathways it seems he just wrote the wrong component name. What would this "regulator" do? I'm not trying to argue the point but if you compare the schematic and known wiring colors and pathways it is the rectifier mislabeled

agreed, just a bad translation. It is a clear wiring schematic unlike that cartoon poster thing which confused the hell out of me for some reason. Even blinkers etc you can just wire into the acc. wire and switch which is very simple. Just word of advice, get many different colors of wire, you'll want that if you ever want to go back and fix something.

Offline Rigid

• She likes a
  • Expert
    • KingCustomCycles
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 02:17:20 am »
So what about 3 yellows, a green and a red are you not getting?  Those are the Honda factory connections at the rectifier. Nothing is translated, the connectors were all reused with additional wiring added for lights and starting.  Very simple.

Offline vonvendetta

• Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 05:19:51 am »
So what about 3 yellows, a green and a red are you not getting?  Those are the Honda factory connections at the rectifier. Nothing is translated, the connectors were all reused with additional wiring added for lights and starting.  Very simple.

We were talking strictly about the key not the colors of the wiring.

Offline Rigid

• She likes a
  • Expert
    • KingCustomCycles
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 11:23:26 am »
Ahhhhhh!  R for rectum fire not regulator.  Can't get good help these days.  :-)

bollingball

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 11:38:19 am »

No trouble with the colors. I guess they didn't know how to spell retumfier. But what is it about the 30a fuse I really don't get that.

Offline Rigid

• She likes a
  • Expert
    • KingCustomCycles
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 03:45:55 pm »
The whole bike is powered through that fuse and master switch.  Stock uses 3 fuses, add them up and it is about 30.  Use a smaller one if it pleases you.  Didn't consult a wiring chart for size and load in free air, didn't care enough.  The first 14 bikes i wired didn't even have a fuse. 

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 07:56:17 pm »
Stock uses 3 fuses, add them up and it is about 30. Didn't consult a wiring chart for size and load in free air, didn't care enough.  The first 14 bikes i wired didn't even have a fuse.
The current that passes through the 7 amp headlight fuse and the 5 amp tail-light fuse goes through the 15 amp main fuse first. You don't care: that says a lot about your character, King.
PS Your diagram is very confusing in the layout of the start switch, regulator, and brake/tail-light. Not very professional at all, and certainly not worth $5 IMHO.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

bollingball

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 08:18:32 pm »
Stock uses 3 fuses, add them up and it is about 30. Didn't consult a wiring chart for size and load in free air, didn't care enough.  The first 14 bikes i wired didn't even have a fuse.
The current that passes through the 7 amp headlight fuse and the 5 amp tail-light fuse goes through the 15 amp main fuse first. You don't care: that says a lot about your character, King.
PS Your diagram is very confusing in the layout of the start switch, regulator, and brake/tail-light. Not very professional at all, and certainly not worth $5 IMHO.

+1000
Could not have said it better. Can not imagine some one buying that too many good ones free. Seems like this just happened a few years back. But his name was not Rigid think it was something else maybe it was King. Also why pay for it when it is right here?

Offline Rigid

• She likes a
  • Expert
    • KingCustomCycles
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 03:18:26 am »
 Your right on the fuses, so use a 15 amp if it makes you feel better. It is your bike, or maybe you don't have a bike?  Just a keyboard and a bunch of time to waste?   Your naivety is astounding.  I sell a few of those schematics a week because very few people working on Honda wiring view this forum.  It isen't exactly a lucrative retirement program, but it is fun, most of the time.  100's of positive feedbacks on eBay make your misguided comments irrelevant.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 07:44:47 pm »
or maybe you don't have a bike?  Just a keyboard and a bunch of time to waste?   
Surely you jest?? :o Look at my avatar; I will have owned the same SOHC4 for 34 years in about 2 weeks..
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline bjbuchanan

• Master
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 08:21:25 pm »
The guy originally was Kingcustomcycles he was a guest dude that would comment here. If you dig thru searches here he comes up sometimes

Originally it was sold but the reason it is hosted on the site was because he decided to post it up as a resource for us for free. It was actually a cool gesture.

The diagram has some flaws but IMO, and wouldn't work for some, is a good enough guide to just work something up with. I have a good understanding of electrical systems and the fact that you are working with a bike, hacked up or not helps, it is not truly from scratch with no identification or clues

The 30 amp is overkill, as a 15 amp regulates all then eventually thru the 7.5 and 5 amp but when you are talking shorts, which are like infinity it is gonna blow almost any fuse, up to some MAXXI type that is like 150amp. Probably blow that too, you never know. The oversized fuse isn't really gonna matter much

I didn't find it too useful, I did my own thing with relays and such but I have a tendency to freeball most projects anyway. I personally think oldmanhonda.com and the like, with stock diagrams are more useful. add/subtract tweak existing to your style/needs

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 09:01:03 pm »
King became a "guest" after he deleted most of his posts, and then deleted his account, only to open a new account as Rigid. A few of us caught on very quickly to his ruse. ;)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:14 pm »
Your right on the fuses

Thats all he needed to know, the rest fell out the back of a bull..... ::)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline vonvendetta

• Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 11:35:52 am »
once I get mine wired up correctly I think I might do a more thorough guide on how long of wires to where best to connect them. I actually had a 30a from one of the many HID kits we have laying around but like others said, it won't matter much between 15 or 30a.

I would probably never pay for a wiring diagram but that is me. Many people I know would pay for it simply to support the community. I think everyone knows there are free alternatives.