Author Topic: Jerry RX Griffin gets T-boned!  (Read 18106 times)

Offline Popwood

• Expert
Re: Jerry RX Griffin gets T-boned!
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2013, 06:33:04 am »
Hey, Jerry,

I totally missed your bad news accident until just now. It must have been awful, man. But it appears you are on the mend and doing well, considering. Best wishes for continued and complete recovery.

Steve
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer

Offline Ichiban 4

• "Ichi"
  • Hot Shot
  • A "Boomer" still going strong.
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2013, 06:55:13 pm »
Ready to jump on 2 wheels?! Seems I went through this scenario 11 years ago. I've covered all the western US from a line from North Dakota to Mexico, 3 Canadian provinces, and all the southern states from Kentucky southward over those 11 years. 11 GOOD years with 2 exceptions.

I do like the new "Wing" (no way on the 'regular' Wing) but don't wish to ante up another $10K for a brand new bike that probably won't get that much use. I'm trying to be retired and don't have an extra $10K laying around now that I have the new Vette. I had mine just like I wanted it. It WAS a great bike. Gotta fight the insurance battle. They last offered $11,550 and I said $15K minimum. A 160hp slightly used BMW that does not need customization perhaps? Road and sport ready. Quiet (wouldn't that be a change!) and smooth. I've debated myself on even getting another bike. Perhaps 2 old Honda's one day to putt around on is all I'll need. Perhaps spring fever will reign.

Hey Jerry..We're all getting old Bro.  Haven't had a serious spill in years (knock on wood)..but have certainly had my share over the years. You're one who said to me that "we just get up on our bikes and ride"..again.  Hadn't forgotten that.   That was a few years after your last encounter with the ER and orthopedists..I believe (?) 

You've still got your 750 / 900 F..right?  It's not like we have to ride these every day..or week actually (like  years ago). You said you have your Vette now..great.  Lots of time to figure on new rides..if I may suggest.

Something different between us..is that you've essentially rode your butt-off all around the U.S and Canada. I haven't (mainly in Western & Central U.S.).  Just bask in the accomplishment..if I may suggest.  You're still healing Bro..give it more time..okay?  If you're like me..you'll keep a bike or two in the garage..relish the times you ride..and not worry about how we used to do it in our earlier days.

Sorry if I'm coming off too strong here.  Just got in touch with own thoughts..experiences of being an old time bike rider..

Take care

Al / Ichi
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:43:22 pm by Ichiban 4 »
Al Summers

Present: '77 550K
Past: '73 CB450(twin), '72 CB175, '68 CB350, '58 Ariel Square 4 (1000cc), '58 Matchless Typhoon (650cc single), Whizzer Motorbikes '48 -'55 (Pacemaker & Sportsman)..Vespa, Lambretta scooters..etc.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2013, 02:52:39 am »
Well done Jerry, good news. Any of the 4 cylinder BMW's are good, but the K1600 6 cylinder bike is a gem, 160 BHP, the engine's no wider than your CB750 and it'll go around corners way better too. Not sure if it'll take a hit from a plastic rocket like your Harley could, but a brilliant choice, for sure. Yes I want one........... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2013, 08:28:48 am »
All good Al. Thanks.

Terry,

Yeah the 1600 would be a fine pick but they are all new and my $$ is going into the Vette. That's basically the first vehichle payment I've had in 13 years and first car payment in over 20 years. Don't want 2 big ones at the same time, I'd have to get a regular damn job! Seems late model 1300's are a little scarce though. I must be getting brave. It's obvious from that statement I have looked  ;) Buying season will be coming soon here in north America along with cold, snow, etc. Hmmm, heated grips, adjustable windshield sounds enticing........
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2013, 01:10:24 am »
Yeah mate, and don't worry about payments, you're a chemist for Gods sake, don't you watch "Breaking Bad"? C'mon Jerry, get your chemistry set out and start cooking! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Proto

• Enthusiast
  • 1976 CB750F
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2013, 01:59:28 pm »
Jerry,

I was watching "Only in America" with Larry the Cable Guy a few days ago and he was doing a piece on the Tail of the Dragon.  At one point he was in front of a building where there was a "tree" of broken motorcycle parts with what looked like "testimonials" written on them.  I swear there was a part out front saying something about a Harley being hit by a crotch rocket.  Did you (or one of your buddies) hang a piece of your bike on that tree?

David
1976 Honda CB-750F1
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2013, 02:10:19 pm »
Naw, I was riding alone and the ambulance took me in the other direction.

What network/channel is his show on?
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Proto

• Enthusiast
  • 1976 CB750F
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2013, 02:42:42 pm »
Its on the history channel.  I figured you were "busy" at the time but I wondered if you or a friend had gone back later.
1976 Honda CB-750F1
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic