Author Topic: Back now that I have a comp again  (Read 641 times)

Offline Red Good

• Enthusiast
Back now that I have a comp again
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:43:31 pm »
Lightning 2X in less than a month and a bit ! But kinda back to normal now . While away scored a deal I think , going to fly out to Philly and ride it home next week . Pics here I hope .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/750chop/10382354255/#in/set-72157625881064142

There are a bunch of pics of it there but that is not my flicker acct, belongs to my bud Chuck who went by and scooped the bike up . Enjoy ,Red 

Offline Red Good

• Enthusiast
Re: Back now that I have a comp again
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:33:25 pm »
Plated and insured now and tickets bought, fly out Friday and ride it home Saturday .Hope I can find some nice weather to ride in !! lol

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:51:28 pm »
That's a dream deal! Good luck on the weather. What's your route in case you have trouble? The national street rod association has a book called fellow pages where people willing to help a fellow member with car problems are listed. We should do that too.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Pecantree

• Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 03:37:57 pm »
Hmmm!   Want!!!

Congratulations ;)

From where to Philly?

STeve
http://www.harvestclassic.org/

"The suspect had experienced a ballistic interlude earlier in the evening" Miss Pao said, "Regrettably not filmed, and relived himself of excess velocity by means of an ablative technique."         ......    ?    ........         "She say you have road rash."

Offline Red Good

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 06:57:28 pm »
Fly from Tulsa to Philly and ride it back to Tulsa . If it looks to cold to get over the mountains I will run south a long ways and run across the gulf coast .

Don it was a deal ! The part that sold me was the spare motor and carbs !! Been wanting to do a 6 cylinder trike and have been looking for a while .Good feeling to get the best one in a while . Red

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 07:27:43 pm »
 I got a deal myself recently. I was shaking at the auction, I almost bid against myself when I didn't know who was in. I think that caused my opponent to give it up.
 The adventure ride is almost the best part! Take some pictures and share with us.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 11:19:54 pm »
Red, you son......  ;) Great coup! Have a great ride. No serious mountains back there and it would only be a few miles. I-80 or I-70, take your pick.

I was drooling over a one owner EBay CB1100F with serious low miles near Chicago. Would've made a nice ride home. Shoulda pulled the trigger but I'm still playing cat and mouse with the insurance company on the Fat Boy. Trying to comp it to stock bikes which ain't gonna work. He wanted receipts for everything I upgraded. Told him that was not necessary since it's been my bike since new. Then he said receipts would not be necessary. He then changed that tune and asked for a list of upgrades. Sure, I can get you that no problem! Sent him a long list of the upgrades done along with Harley part numbers over 3+ years and told him to take the dealer out there, appraise the damage, then just fix the sonna#$%* and get it back to me. Now he says he'll have the $$ number reevaluated. Guess he doesn't really want to fix it. I figured that would be the case. I really hate the games but he ain't gonna get by jerking me. I'll keep you in the loop if you're still interested. 
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Red Good

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »
Man that's taking forever . Good thing you have the patience to deal with it and another bike ! I am still interested as always depends on price and title .
Yeah pretty good deal , was worth what he was asking and then he told me it came with a spare running motor and full carb set and all the manuals and some small stuff !! Chuck picked it up for me and the guy gave him a set of bags for his Valk too !!!!!!And it runs and idles sweet so going riding !!

Have you healed completely ? Hope your good man .Red

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:00:59 am »
Not 100% at 5 months in. Heading to the doc in a few minutes to schedule metal removal. However no other bike to ride at the moment.

I'm thinking they assigned a value around $3000?? I can always mention you to the insurance guy when I deal with him. Not sure how they roll.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Red Good

• Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 10:50:24 am »
Home yesterday , got about 100 miles in and it quit charging , hunted brushes and rebuilt the alternator in my room and test rode it and came all the way home no problem with the electric jacket and gloves plugged in .

Pro link makes for a very nice ride compared to the twin shocks .

Man does it pull hard way up high !!!!!!!!!