Author Topic: My fiancé is going to kill me.  (Read 10152 times)

Offline wowbagger

• Not much of an
  • Expert
Re: My fiancé is going to kill me.
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 10:12:53 am »
Sounds like you need a bigger garage. I find that as long has a spot for her car and a spot for her gardening she tends not to care what hunks of metal I bring home.

Offline KrautKoffin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 10:24:27 am »
Our garage is tiny, she just needs a path to do laundry.  She knows the garage is my domain.
74 cb550
I now have Beastie Boys "Sabotage" stuck in my head after seeing your avatar.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 04:27:06 pm »
Now that's more promising - SHE needs a path to do laundry. Damn straight SHE does! Take good care of her path!
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline wowbagger

• Not much of an
  • Expert
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 04:33:28 pm »
I had to move the laundry out of the garage. Otherwise, the wife would have claimed that doing the laundry was now my domain along with the rest of the garage.

Offline KrautKoffin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 05:04:28 pm »
I had to move the laundry out of the garage. Otherwise, the wife would have claimed that doing the laundry was now my domain along with the rest of the garage.

My fiancé has 2 masters degrees and her doctorate.. Yet she isn't smart enough to do that haha
74 cb550

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 05:56:56 pm »
"Fiance is going to kill me"  WTF? Sounds like she should become an ex-fiance before she becomes Mr, er Mrs KrautKoffin. I'm sure she's a nice lady even though she isn't trained properly. Is she like her mother?  ::)

Looking forward to watching your project. Keep us up to date  ;)

Hahah I told her I went to buy a frame and the PO 'gave' me a bunch of free stuff....

You're off to a good start....lying!  [works for me!]

What about buying a new cylinder, bore it for the ebay 600cc big bore kit?
Cant beat this price....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB550F-CB550K-600cc-Bigbore-Piston-Kits-with-Head-Gasket-CB550FBB-/161127970617?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2583f9b739&vxp=mtr

'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline KrautKoffin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »
That's the kit im looking at, just need to find some sleeves
74 cb550

Offline David B

• Enthusiast
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 08:15:44 pm »
Back when I was engaged, a guy in a rc airplane club I belonged to told me:

"This is what you need to do before you get married. Once a week, u tell her you're going out. Even if you have nothing to do, you go out and just drive around for a while.  That way, later on, when you DO want some time away, she's already used to it. Trust me on this!".   ;D
DB

Offline 750K

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 01:23:49 am »
^^^good advice
77 Cb750, 78 Kz1000

Offline David B

• Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 07:31:59 am »
It was.  I told her about it at the time and said "So do I need to go out and start driving around in circles once a week so it's not an issue down the road?"  She laughed and it's never been an issue.
DB

Offline KrautKoffin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:14 am »
It was.  I told her about it at the time and said "So do I need to go out and start driving around in circles once a week so it's not an issue down the road?"  She laughed and it's never been an issue.

The beauty of my relationship is that we are always so busy that when I get home I actually want to see her! Weird, I know. She's fine with me disappearing for hours with a handful of beers into the garage.
74 cb550

Offline 750K

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 12:44:04 pm »
Haha, right on. You can't ask for more than that, well maybe a home cooked meal waiting for you when you get home. All kidding aside if you you find a girl that's cool with your hobbies then your laughing. My wife has always been cool with mine, she knows I'm out in the shop tinkering or painting something in my studio and not getting into trouble somewhere else. Occasionally she's out in the garage with me wrenching which is fun.
77 Cb750, 78 Kz1000