Author Topic: Young Mechanic Rant -- Quasi-Oil Thread  (Read 751 times)

Offline CrankyOldGuy

• Wish I was a
  • Hot Shot
Young Mechanic Rant -- Quasi-Oil Thread
« on: November 29, 2013, 06:23:35 pm »
While I am away for work the Mrs takes her car in for a safety inspection and an oil change.  Just as she was about to leave the Manager mentioned that they had "forgot" to put the inspection sticker on the front windshield (inside).  The young mechanic comes out to put the sticker on and while doing so supported himself using his greasy hand on the front pillar.   After some discussions with the manager they "finally" decided that "they" should clean the fabric on the pillar.  It took them over one half hour to do this.

The interesting thing is that I was looking at the bill tonight and noticed that the cost was for an oil change up to 5 litres.  Funny thing is the Mrs' car holds 9.5 litres of oil. There was no charge for extra oil on the bill.  Wonder what I will find the dipstick showing tomorrow morning.

I hate to complain about young people ... but gee whiz ... what if I had not looked at the bill ... who would pay for the engine work down the road?

Harry O.
750 K1 Original Owner

DH

Re: Young Mechanic Rant -- Quasi-Oil Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 07:43:56 pm »
You may want to check your drain plug too, if in doubt :)
Do you run synthetic? Is that what they put in?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:07:42 pm by DH »

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 07:55:16 pm »
check the oil straight away,they might have short changed themselves?theres no way they would only fill to the dollar value of oil?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:57:12 pm by dave500 »

Offline faux fiddy

• Just becaus I'm the second post on the pissed off thread doesn't mean I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • bike in a box
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 02:19:06 am »
I always check the bargain oil change offers, and wonder where I go for options on the special sauce for my '00 awd astro's  transfer case.  Dealer item is all I know, take it or leave it.

^^^^^^^/l^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/l^^^
. . ______/ l_________________/  l
<'  '  '   '  o .  . . . . . . .................(
 ' VVVVV'   ')))))____>-''''''''''''''''''\  l
' . vvvv_   -              -                 \/

Offline CrankyOldGuy

• Wish I was a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 05:05:46 am »
I checked with the dealer today ... they said the car told them it didn't need an oil change so they did not do it!!  They said they owe me $40.00.  Oh well ... it was worth checking andI got some money back.  I wonder how often this happens ... probably more than I would like to think.   :-[
750 K1 Original Owner