Author Topic: Head Gasket and Oil control orifice question  (Read 614 times)

Offline Blackhole

• Enthusiast
Head Gasket and Oil control orifice question
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:49:35 pm »
I tore my motor down today to replace a leaking head gasket (or pucks) and took my head to the driveway for a pressure washing.  Well to my dismay I found out the oil control orifices are not pressed in ...strike one.  I was able to find one which in its self is a small miracle.  I then find out they are rarer then hens teeth...strike two.  I just pulled out the gasket kit I got for a Christmas gift and see that the head gasket has the round cylinder holes and the one I took off has the egg shaped ones.  Is this strike three ?  The bike is a 78 CB750F
What I would like to know is if there is a place to get the orifices and can you put a head gasket like this on a Super Sport or do I need to find an egg shaped one?  Thanks for the help

Offline Mini Mo

Re: Head Gasket and Oil control orifice question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:37:55 pm »
Check with member MRieck. He was able to help me out a couple of weeks ago with the orifices. Maybe he has a couple more?

Can't help with the head gasket
750 K1 (Just finished)
750 K4 (In Process of resto)
2) 750 K6's (Restored and sold)
750 K5 (Restored and sold)
'75 850 Norton Commando (Restored and sold)
'99 Triumph Tiger (Daily rider)

Wobbly

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:56:45 am »
If you replace the head gasket, replace the seals (pucks) as well plus the four O-rings ( Honda part # 91318-ME5-003). The F2/F3 models use indeed a different head gasket than all the other CB750 Fours. The oil orifice is really hard to find. You might have to buy a shot head from a salvage store just to retrieve them. So, hopefully, Mike can help you out.

Offline Blackhole

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:08:37 am »
Thanks for the help but that was strike three :(  I took this coming week off to work on the bike so it is just that much worse.  Looks like I will be doing a bunch of stuff around the house while I wait for some parts and search for some others. Thanks again

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:15:11 am »
Do you still need an oil jet?
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:04 am »
I have extra oil jet o-rings(4), cylinder stud packings(all), and oil delivery passage (2) o-rings.
PM me an offer if you are interested
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mineā€¦"