Author Topic: TRYING TO ID CARBS.  (Read 911 times)

lendog

TRYING TO ID CARBS.
« on: September 26, 2006, 10:52:14 pm »
I bought a 77' cb750f for $500 recenty for a winter project. The previous owner installed a set of mikuni's. He gave me a set of spare carbs that he said were the original set. I did a search to learn how to locate the stamping on the carb bodies. The only stamping I found was 7A-JI.  Can any one tell me what carbs these are? Also am I better off rebuilding the original keihin's......or identifying the mikuni's and rebuilding those? First time post awesome site!  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: TRYING TO ID CARBS.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 11:12:43 pm »
Go to HondaChopper.com for a carb spec list. 7A's are listed as 69K and 75F if I remember correctly. These carbs would have bowls with clips on them rather than screws like the 77 & 78 have. The Honda Keihins are 28mm.
As far as Mikunis goes, guess if you have smoothbore 29mm carbs I'd probably stick with those.     
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline cben750f0

• nothin draws attention like a classic bike!!
  • Master
  • '75 CB750F0 Gladstone NQLD OZ
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 04:08:09 am »
yep thee '76, and early '77(mine)... have the clips on the float bowels...peace
you are never to old, to act like a kid... be safe
funny thing,chasing someone down hill on a bike 30 years older than theirs..
he said \\\\\\\'it was like watching a 250kg unguided weapon getting stuck up you bum\\\\\\\ http://www.bikepics.com/members/trixtrem/

lendog

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:45:45 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I need to rebuild these carbs, do I order rebuild kits for '76 carbs