Author Topic: Coming over from the UK site for a bit !! My posts are too boring old-timer!  (Read 4667 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Hot Shot
  • CB400/4, 69 CB750K0, '69 CB250SS, CB350K1 CB500K0
Hi,
Started on here in 2008 when I bought my 10/69 UK diecast CB750. Great help from you guys on here. When I started  out I looked at old-timer members old posts like Hondaman and many others and Wow was that a mine of info on my bikes.

Been a bit prolific just recently with my postings on the sohc.co.uk site and boring a minority number of members with my old-timer postings so coming onto here for a bit to hide out. So hope I don't bore you on here too much. If I do just PM me and I will 'Shut my Trap' as we say in Yorkshire (UK).

I started a feature on the UK site asking questions to David Silver of DSS spares and reporting back on the site with answers. I  gather a number of questions/problems etc. to ask David all at the same time via myself. He usually answers in double quick time with informative, honest and frank answers.  For example I asked him about supply problems with 400/4 exhausts and he then got Ian from MotadUK to join us and answer all of our questions because Motad make the system for him. If anyone is interested in me doing this on here just ask.

Here are some recent 'boring' links:

ENJOY ..if you have not seen before ! ... Cheers ...AshD (UK)

BTW if anyone needs Yamiya/PMC Japan bits in Europe and doesn't want pay import duty/high shipping try these people (sponsor on UK site run by a nice bloke called David). http://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop/Products/SearchValue/CB750

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/stock/Mecum_Frozen.pdf

https://www.mecum.com/collection.cfm?auctionid=LV0115&featureValue=ALL&featureDay=ALL&groupid=10205

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,7352.0.html

Watch out for the Honda's in these .. Blink and you will miss the Gold CB750 Pre-Production 'Brighton' bike in the 1969 clip!) ...the only sandcast CB750 to be officially sold in the UK.

(Watch out for 1969 GOLD 'Brighton' Bike Pre-prod Sandcast)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:16:38 pm by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.”

Offline mcpuffett

• Master
Hi Ash your not boring me mate I enjoy your posts on here and on the uk site keep it up  ;) cheers Mick.
Honda CB750 KO 1970,   Honda VTX 1300 2006, Lancaster England.

Offline UK Pete

• Enthusiast
Ash one persons nasty comments do not reflect the opinions of the rest of us, I really hope you reconsider and keep posting and sharing on sohc uk, you are one of the leading members on there and have never bored me, I read every one of your posts and when I log on the site i am always glad when I see the green light is showing that you are on line, so fella stay posting ,
Pete

Offline JamesH

• Enthusiast
Ash - seriously don't go mate. One persons mindless comments don't reflect the rest of our community. You're a valued and respected member here....

Offline stewonepot

• Enthusiast
Hi Ash
you carry on , good to hear an uk diolct!
cheers Stew spain

Offline chewbacca5000

• I polish covers!
  • Old Timer
Good morning Ash.  Those who complain about other being boring are usually boring themselves and choose to simply project their insecurity on others. 

If you still feel the need to spice things up add an English slag word of the day to end of every post.  I for one have no idea what English people are saying when I watch a movie from the UK or BBC.

Offline Johnwebley

Ash - seriously don't go mate. One persons mindless comments don't reflect the rest of our community. You're a valued and respected member here....

this post !!!!

have a great festive time,
hope to see you back when you want

John

Offline Green1

Told you I would follow.  :)
Don't go or James will have to take your place.
(Between you and me I don't think hes up to it.) ;D

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750K1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750K1 Candy Gold
Aprilia Pegaso 650ie
Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
Same from me mate, i dont get here as much now due to time constrraints but always like reading your goings on
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
Welcome!  Parts procurement expertise is always welcome.
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline andy750

• Really Old Timer ...
I say stay here as I have read your posts in the past and have always found them very enjoyable and informative!

Thanks for all the links
Andy
Current bikes
1. CB750K4: Long distance bike, 17 countries and counting...2001 - Trans-USA-Mexico, 2003 - European Tour, 2004 - SOHC Easy Rider Trip , 2008 - Adirondack Tour 2-up , 2013 - Tail of the Dragon Tour , 2017: 836 kit install and bottom end rebuild. And rebirth: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,173213.msg2029836.html#msg2029836
2. CB750/810cc K2  - road racer with JMR worked head 71 hp
3. Yamaha Tenere T700 2022

Where did you go on your bike today? - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=45183.2350

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Welcome back!
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Hot Shot
Brilliant warm welcome back guys. It's not that I ever went away really, as I always visit here  regularly but not so many posts over the last year or two. Going to miss all of the guys on the UK site but coming back on there in the New Year more focused on my posts and less banter. SteveD who runs it is a great guy and Bryan on there is a wealth of knowledge our UK 'Hondaman' really.

Cheers ... Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.”

Offline UK Pete

• Enthusiast
Sorry ash but you have not escaped us i have followed you over here, i think i should update my , ko and sandcast builds on here, keep the UK input up over here
pete

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
stay here mate with us,a bit of fun and games but also more straight to the point info if you need it,some threads may go of on a tangent but always return to the facts,if you have a sense of humor itll be no worries,you can swear a lot here aswell as it helps us aussies understand your point.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Hot Shot
Sorry ash but you have not escaped us i have followed you over here, i think i should update my , ko and sandcast builds on here, keep the UK input up over here
pete

Great stuff Pete  .. It's great on here we don't get ribbed because we have a 750K0 or people asking us to give them enough parts for free to build a complete bike !

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
Now I want to create a login for the UK site. Not because you left... :o

I just want to see what all of the Brits are talking about. Are Texans welcome?
CB550 Cafe, GL1000, Buell Ulysses
if you dont trial spin the camshaft in the head and cover you are a novice,with no natural mechanical appitude,destined for destruction.
"The cleaner the dipstick, the closer to God." -Rev. Horton Heat
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”  - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline AshimotoK0

• Hot Shot
Now I want to create a login for the UK site. Not because you left... :o

I just want to see what all of the Brits are talking about. Are Texans welcome?

I have not left just on a respite sabbatical!  Everyone always welcome on there and don't get me wrong, a good bunch of guys !!

Cheers Ash

Offline JamesH

• Enthusiast
I'm stalking you Ash...and you Pete...and you Mick....in fact, mick you need to get on the k0 wagon - odd one out ha ha...

Offline trigger

• Enthusiast
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
It was a bit cold and a long swim. Did not know you were in to stalking James ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Hot Shot
Blooming 'eck . the K0 ers follow me and now me 'ole mate Graham.. nice to hear from you mate!

This is for your eyes only. it will mean zero to our US buddies.   Look at the title !!

;D

Offline Green1

I'm stalking you Ash...and you Pete...and you Mick....in fact, mick you need to get on the k0 wagon - odd one out ha ha...

Na K0's are so last week  ;D
You may have the bikes but I have the pipes

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750K1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750K1 Candy Gold
Aprilia Pegaso 650ie
Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport

Offline Bodi

• Really Old Timer ...
Well, got curious and checked out the UK forum. Tried to register and got told I'm a spammer, to contact administrator... no contact info.

Offline trigger

• Enthusiast
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
Blooming 'eck . the K0 ers follow me and now me 'ole mate Graham.. nice to hear from you mate!

This is for your eyes only. it will mean zero to our US buddies.   Look at the title !!

;D

It is in black and white Ash ;D ;D ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Hot Shot
Well, got curious and checked out the UK forum. Tried to register and got told I'm a spammer, to contact administrator... no contact info.

Hmm  Can't understand that Bodi and they always welcome guys from here so don't be shy. I am sure SteveD / Bryan reads this site so should be able to help. If not I am sure  Glenn may be able to help out.

Cheers ...Ash