Author Topic: Anyone planning to build a dragbike for the 2015 season???  (Read 3884 times)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
Re: Anyone planning to build a dragbike for the 2015 season???
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 01:00:00 pm »
Dragracer: I didn't build it for the drags, I wanted it to be a streetbike again for my personal use. But during its reconstruction I've developed a condition that means I won't be riding anymore. Originally a K2, it's now an 888cc, with one of Mike's heads on it, OS intake valves, a puny WebCam 41, Mikuni VM29s, APE bottom end, big rods, undercut trans, Marshall pipe (maybe not the best choice for drags). I reduced the rear rim to a 3.5 x 17", carries a 140/17 tire,

Even though its in street trim, could turn some decent times. Had I been able to ride, I was hoping to drag race it a bit for old times sake.

Anyway, I've got a friend (happens to have two WLSR, one with him as pilot) http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/news/rayce-team-sets-land-speed-records-bonneville   who almost got it broken in before bad weather hit. When the drag strip reopens (Lucas Oil Raceway) in April we look to run at the Wednesday night Run what you Brung events. At least once. If we like it, maybe more. Rick admits no experience since the 60s at dragracing, but he has roadraced quite a bit and he's not afraid to turn it up. Says he's got a reaction time simulator.

Looking forward to it.   :D

Sorry to hear you won't be able to throw a leg over your bike, but it seems you've got a good jokey to take it for a few runs down the dragstrip. Hopefully that one pass will turn into many more and we'll all eventually cross paths somewhere racing these SOHC's.

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Re: Anyone planning to build a dragbike for the 2015 season???
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 09:30:15 pm »
 I hope to finish the restoration of my old buddys cb stroker motor  drag bike. Unfortunately it's at the end of a list of jobs that pay for my racing habit. There's a funny car to recage, move the seat up and front half, a dragster that was crushed by a large A frame hoist and my own car that my daughter drives. Then the bikes that i'm hoping to fix up and sell.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.