Author Topic: CB400 Rebuild  (Read 880 times)

Offline Wahfulairon

• DETHGRIPS Local 666
CB400 Rebuild
« on: December 23, 2014, 05:16:25 pm »
Hello all! This is my first "rebuild" to say the least, and it's going real well. So far...

So engine is out! Cleaning it up and also installing a new bottom crankcase because the original kickstarter mount was totally shot.

Carbs are cleaned and totally rebuilt. Everything in there was pretty gross so I had them ultrasonic cleaned. Worked pretty well. I am running the stock 45 pilots and 75 mains, but moved the needle up as I am going with the UNI pods which I've heard run a little bit more lean than the standard airbox system.

The frame was painted silver by the PO, which I really hated at the beginning but now I'm thinking about touching it up and keeping it, idk yet. Also forks are out and I just got those pesky seals out, that was an absolute donger of a project. New ones are in and the some of the electrics have arrived from the UK. Which I just ran into today, that US and UK wiring harnesses are a little different, haha, so trying to figure out that mess. I'll post some more tomorrow. Also sorry about the format, it won't let me add attachments until I have 5 posts...
'71 Honda CB350
'75 Honda CB400