Author Topic: Hi Guys..My Project  (Read 2647 times)

Offline evopgt

• Enthusiast
Hi Guys..My Project
« on: June 10, 2015, 08:32:30 pm »
Hi there.. I'm new to the forum and I wanted to share my newest project pics with you guys.. I started with a stock 78 cb550 that was beat to crap .. I took it apart and repainted everything, and re plated all bolts and am slowly putting it back together.. I modified the seat to give the bike a more aggressive stance but also wanted to keep the factory lock and latch in place.. I also chopped the rear fender to be a bit shorter for a better look.. I am going for sort of a cafe/brat style with it.. All the paintwork was done by me also.. Let me know what you think.. Keep in mind.. its my first build ever..

Offline 70CB750

• Labor omnia vincit improbus.
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Northern Virginia
Re: Hi Guys..My Project
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 04:42:44 am »
Purdy!

Welcome from VA. 

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 04:03:55 pm »
Looks good, a lot of black!

Why not start a thread in "Project Shop"? 

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/board,103.0.html
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 11:03:12 pm »
Black is hard to keep clean.  Wrinkle black finish on cases can be a cool contrast and different from any hack with a spray bomb going for a murdered look. You can use sand paper or the small roto discs to reveal the fins for added contrast.
Like StevO said, it is a lot of black.
Having some brightwork on the bike will add some visual cues and interest to the bike. You run out of options when everything is black and scratches reveal the brightwork beneath the paint.
so, your choice in coating needs to be easy to touch up and blend into the existing paint/coating or the coating needs to be very tough.
David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline nightoul

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 01:15:39 pm »
I like it!
nightoul