Author Topic: Selling '77A Carb and Airbox Assembly  (Read 1845 times)

Offline stikman

• Bit of an
  • Enthusiast
Selling '77A Carb and Airbox Assembly
« on: December 07, 2016, 03:11:23 pm »
(edit: Asking $400)

I'll be selling the carb and airbox that came off my 1977 CB750A when I rebuilt it and swapped them for K carbs, and I'm checking on interest level and valuation before I put them in the For Sale section as I can't find much of anything on ebay to compare them to.  I recently finished rubber renewing the intake boots and velocity stacks and they are like new now, nice and soft with no cracking.

The assembly comes with:
  • complete carb rack with applicable hoses
  • intake boots and 8 clamps
  • complete airbox including velocity stacks and 4 clamps, good K&N filter

Last month I put the carbs on one of my running motors to test them and they seem fine.  They hadn't run in a couple years since they came off the original bike, which was running at the time.  There was one small fuel leak, but I believe the rubber seals will puff back up now that they've had fresh fuel in them again.

I'd prefer to sell the complete assembly to someone here if they are interested rather than on ebay unless I have to.  I can take more pics if necessary.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 09:15:30 pm by stikman »
1977 CB750A "High Horse": 836cc, mild porting, custom cam, K5 roundtops, v-stacks...
1973 CB750K D5 plunger frame chopper currently building..

Offline stikman

• Bit of an
  • Enthusiast
Re: Selling '77A Carb and Airbox Assembly
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 09:16:33 pm »
I priced out the boots, v-stacks, and filter new at $250.  Can't find a carb rack for sale anywhere for price comparison.  Decided to ask $400.
1977 CB750A "High Horse": 836cc, mild porting, custom cam, K5 roundtops, v-stacks...
1973 CB750K D5 plunger frame chopper currently building..

Offline Bazzer

Re: Selling '77A Carb and Airbox Assembly
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 09:21:11 am »
Hi, I read on your post about you using k carbs to replace your a carbs, and I am thinking maybe you can help me. Can you tell me what carbs are compatible with my carbs. I have a CB 750A 1978, any help would be welcome.
              best regards
            Baz.