Author Topic: Post Pics of Your Pets  (Read 49623 times)

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Re: Post Pics of Your Pets
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2007, 10:12:18 pm »
Hey Terry, I got a street map off Macclesfield,.....you coming over ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chris, what you doing with a pic of Crouchie for an avatar, ya should be supporting your own team  ;)
They are out of the relegation zone now (I think) :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam.  ;)

Just remember you guys, a man's CB is a sacrosanct;)

You cheeky bugger Sam, I do support my local team, where a guy hails from and where he lives are not necessarily one and the same place ;)  Besides, I've not strayed too far, my house is within sight of the Bollin, which as every Maxonian knows, is the true source of the Mersey ;D 

The river Bollin that flows into the river Mersey just a few hundred yards from my house, must be a different river Bollin then.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam :D ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline CrisPDuk

• Christ on a bike! Me, an
  • Expert
  • Oh happy day! 3rd December 2005
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2007, 10:39:26 pm »
Some say tributary, some say source ;)

Are you up Lymm way then? A nice part of the world if you like it flat ;D
Education: Elitist activity. Cost ineffective. Unpopular with Grey Suits. Now largely replaced by Training."

1978 CB550 K3
1985 H100S

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2007, 10:51:59 pm »
Other side of the Mersey/Ship Canal Chris, Hollins Green ;)

We'll have to get together for a drink when you come home ;D ;D ;D

Sam ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline CrisPDuk

• Christ on a bike! Me, an
  • Expert
  • Oh happy day! 3rd December 2005
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2007, 12:17:53 am »
That we will 8)

I'll dig my 550 out of it's resting place and you can give your latest acquisition a run out ;D
Education: Elitist activity. Cost ineffective. Unpopular with Grey Suits. Now largely replaced by Training."

1978 CB550 K3
1985 H100S

Offline SD750F

• Master
    • My Business Site
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2007, 03:57:17 pm »
I am sorry to inform that my great friend of the past 10 years Sage was put asleep this morning due to complications from cancer. He will truly be missed and my CB750 bike project will now be called Sage in his honor...

Pictures of him can be found on page 6 of this subject.

Scott

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2007, 05:45:56 pm »

Man, do I feel your pain! :(     I don't have pictures handy to post but, I lost a very good buddy named "Kevin" about 3 years ago and that was like losing my right arm! In fact, we've lost several that were very close to me and each in a very special way. Funny thing was that back when we first got "Kevin", any time I went anywhere in our minivan, I had to expect to take our daughter Karla and "Kevin". It was just common knowledge that I had to take both of them nearly everywhere I went. Unless a person has a special relationship with a pet, they just don't really understand. You take care and I'll catch you later on, Bill :) ;)   
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline burmashave

• Forum Immoderator
  • Old Timer
    • burmashave.net
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2007, 06:42:01 pm »
I'm so sorry, Scott.  There aren't lots of good words for comfort; however, a few years back a friend told me that dogs never live long enough.  Even if they lived to be a hundred, it still wouldn't be long enough. 
Quote from: SOHC Digger, RIP
'Ere's whatcha do, Guvna', just throw a couple dookie logs in the hearth and bob's your uncle!
'77 CB750k

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2007, 07:30:04 pm »
Sorry to hear of your loss, my wife and I know exactly how you feel.

Funny thing is, this thread started right after we lost our bassett Connie on Dec. 23. Family member for almost 14 years. I actually avoided this thread, but now maybe she should have her space along with others. We still miss her. The best we can do is remember them as we knew them, not as we lost them.
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.

Offline nickjtc

• I was numero dieci
  • Old Timer
  • Yamaha XT500 'Gromit'
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2007, 07:48:01 pm »
Boots the cat.
Nick J. Member #3247

2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
1977 Suzuki GS750

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear proper motorcycle clothing...."

Offline medic09

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2007, 09:04:47 pm »
I am sorry to inform that my great friend of the past 10 years Sage was put asleep this morning due to complications from cancer. He will truly be missed and my CB750 bike project will now be called Sage in his honor...

Pictures of him can be found on page 6 of this subject.

Scott

Scott,

I am so awfully sorry to hear this.  I remember the impression the pics of him and your family made on me.  I know words won't change anything, but I truly hope your family always holds his memories precious and dear.  I hope you'll have some comfort in due time.  For now, you all are allowed to just plain mourn.

I'm on duty tomorrow.  If we end up in SD, and I hear a wail rising to the skies, I'll know you guys are crying for your dear faithful friend.  This is the part my wife and I can't stand about dogs!

My dear doofy Lab just wondered why I gave him a tearful hug...

Why Dogs Don't Live Longer Than People......

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home. As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for the four-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience. The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why." Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The four-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply, Speak kindly.

I give thanks for Sage, and all of our great, loyal pups...
Mordechai

'78 CB750K
'76 Triumph T160 Trident (rebuilding)
'07 aprilia Caponord

Santa Fe, NM

Offline KCs76Cafe

• Hot Shot
  • Jackson Creek,NC..Deep in the stix of the TRIAD
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2007, 10:22:41 pm »
Sorry to hear that Scott.

Someone emailed me this poem after I lost Saxon.....my Eskimo Spitz. Brings a tear to my eye everytime I read it.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Offline KCs76Cafe

• Hot Shot
  • Jackson Creek,NC..Deep in the stix of the TRIAD
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2007, 10:28:25 pm »
Heres our hound/lab mix. My son named him PeeWee. First day we had him he pee'd on my son.  ;D

fastdadd

« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2007, 11:02:08 pm »
my dog scooter

wifes dog chupacabra we call him chewy

and what i see first thing in the morning

dgfischer

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2007, 08:19:48 am »
Sorry to hear about your loss, Scott. I feel your pain.
 I went through the same thing on Feb 17. The dog in my avatar (Princess) was put down after being a reliable friend for close to 18 yrs.
   Heres her story -  http://www.geocities.com/fischervintagecycle/Princess.html

When we got home from the vets, the wife showed me a pic of a stray that was brought into the pound. The stray looks identical to Princess and a week and a half later she is now called Gracy and hogs up our bed at night.
 Heres her pic.
 Daniel

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2007, 04:29:42 am »
Here's a pic of "Tiddles", my little cat, who sadly passed on my birthday, yesterday. (boohoo) It was almost like poor ol' Tiddles was trying to just keep on going so she could wish me one more happy (sob) birthday.

We've been together for 47 years (we were born on the same day) and as you can see, she was looking pretty bad near the end......... It's funny, some people even said that she looked a little bit like me? I could never see the resemblance myself, but I know people say that somehow pets can start to look a little like their owners?

Oh well, poor ol' Tiddles has gone to a better (sob) place, but luckily enough, she had several litters over the years, so I'll always have at least one cute little cat to remind me of my favorite pet! Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Uncle Ernie

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2007, 10:44:46 am »
Rosie has agreed to die the day before I do.  I'm holding her to it.

Nick, that is one big-ass cat!  Miss Kitty looks just like her. (only not that big) ::)
Dude- your 8 layers are showing!

Offline starion88esir

• Enthusiast
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2007, 01:10:56 pm »
Wow, wish I had some pics of all our pets, at least hosted online somewhere. So here's a list until I get pics of them all:

4 ferrets (2 males, 2 females)
3 dogs
3 ball pythons
2 red ear sliders
2 armadillo lizards
2 leopard geckos
1 columbian red tail boa
1 eastern box turtle
1 bunny
1 black and white colubian tegu

and 2 75gallon fresh water tanks
71 CB175 - next project
76 CB750F - current project

Offline burmashave

• Forum Immoderator
  • Old Timer
    • burmashave.net
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2007, 01:45:11 pm »
Wow, wish I had some pics of all our pets, at least hosted online somewhere. So here's a list until I get pics of them all:

3 dogs
3 ball pythons
2 red ear sliders
2 armadillo lizards
2 leopard geckos
1 columbian red tail boa
1 eastern box turtle
1 bunny

Is the bunny's name, "Dinner?" ;)
'Ere's whatcha do, Guvna', just throw a couple dookie logs in the hearth and bob's your uncle!
'77 CB750k

Offline nickjtc

• I was numero dieci
  • Old Timer
  • Yamaha XT500 'Gromit'
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2007, 02:18:23 pm »

3 dogs
3 ball pythons
2 red ear sliders
2 armadillo lizards
2 leopard geckos
1 columbian red tail boa
1 eastern box turtle
1 bunny

LMFAO!!
Nick J. Member #3247

2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
1977 Suzuki GS750

Offline nickjtc

• I was numero dieci
  • Old Timer
  • Yamaha XT500 'Gromit'
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2007, 02:19:22 pm »
Nick, that is one big-ass cat!  Miss Kitty looks just like her. (only not that big) ::)

How did you know that Boots (age 10+) has middle age spread?
Nick J. Member #3247

2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
1977 Suzuki GS750

Offline starion88esir

• Enthusiast
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2007, 03:40:56 pm »

That's what his children will be.  We were supposed to get an 8 ft albino burmese python so we bought the buny as a breeder for food. Then the woman sold it before we could come pick it up after guarantee-ing us that pick up in two days was no problem.
71 CB175 - next project
76 CB750F - current project

Offline Rocker

• The one, the only!
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2007, 03:19:55 pm »
Meet Fletcher! He is a 9 pound Chihuahua/Min-Pin mix.

~Rocker (aka Adam) | rocker@sohc4.net | SOHC/4 member #4151 | Facebook

Current Bikes:                   
1975 CB750 K5 pic                 
1974 CB360T " lil' twin " Rebuild thread
1976 CB550 K2 Cafe Racer build thread
1975 CB550 K1 parts bike Parted out and cut up.         
2003 VTX 1800C

Bikes I've had:
1974 CB550 K0
1976 CB750 K6

Offline burmashave

• Forum Immoderator
  • Old Timer
    • burmashave.net
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2007, 05:29:22 pm »
Is that a salute? ;-)
'77 CB750k

Offline Glenn Stauffer

• SOHC/4 #3 - Member since 1994
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • The SOHC/4 Owners Group
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2007, 05:42:59 pm »
Me and the dogs getting set for a bit of winter kayaking in the front yard (the stream floods at times)

Offline Dawdlin Dog

• Enthusiast
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2007, 02:53:09 am »
Wow  A Chihuahua that knows semaphore  ;D ;D ;D

Great looking dog.
My bike can be repaired.
My insanity is a little more permanent.