Author Topic: Muffler bracket  (Read 558 times)

Offline Dylf

Muffler bracket
« on: August 18, 2019, 11:32:45 am »
Hi Guys and greetings from Denmark

I have bought a beautiful Honda CB400F from 76. I'm restoring it to original. I have a problem though. I have bought a new bracket for the muffler but i doesn't seem to fit. By closer inspection other 400F's have the bracket attached to the swingarm, but not mine. Mine is attached to the footrest bracket.

Does any one else have their bracket mounted on the footrest bracket instead of the swingarm and does anyone knows which bracket to buy instead?

Thanks in advance

Regard

Henrik   

Offline jgger

• Master
Re: Muffler bracket
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 11:48:52 am »
I am not familiar with that particular bike, but you can't attach something that is stationary to something that moves. When the rear suspension articulates it would bend the exhaust  if the two were connected. You may want to examine things a little closer. To me it looks odd that the foot peg is lower than the swing arm, perhaps someone has altered something.
"The SOHC4 uses a computer located about 2-3 ft above the seat.  Those sometimes need additional programming." -stolen from  Two Tired

The difference between an ass kisser and brown noser is merely depth perception.  Stolen from RAFster122s

Offline Tim2005

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 12:15:28 pm »
The 400f bracket is never attached to the swingarm. The bracket you have looks correct. But,  I think your frame has been modified by welding the pillion footrest to it, which is stopping you fitting that bracket. On the 75-76 400fs the pillion footrest was on the swingarm. Find some pictures to compare later and earlier 400f frames and you should see what I mean.

Offline KPSguy

• non
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 01:45:45 pm »
Found this!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline Dylf

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 12:03:50 am »
Kan anybody forward me at couple of pictures? Either in this forum or to my email

dylf@hotmail.com

Dylf