Author Topic: Has anyone successfully contacted the Mac exhaust customer service department?  (Read 902 times)

Offline raiken1

I bought a 4 into 1 exhaust for my CB650 from Dime city a while back. The spacers that are provided (See image attached; this is not my photo) were not bent flat on the flange portion. I tried to install anyway, but they bent further and won't seal. I emailed Mac exhaust about 4 weeks ago with no response. Customer service from Dime city has been trying to contact them for me with no response for 3 weeks. I have been calling everyday and have left some voicemails also. I don't even mind buying more of these flanges at this point. Does anyone know a direct email or phone? Any advice?
Thanks

Offline maxheadflow

• Hot Shot
I had a similar issue with the 78 CB750K I bought. Exhausts leaked real bad. I found they used cheap rolled over sheet metal flanges. I ended up making my own.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,178667.msg2073493.html#msg2073493

Offline raiken1

That is exactly what my flanges look like! That is a great idea, but I don't have access to a lathe. For me to have a machine shop make them it would cost as much as the exhaust I would guess.

Offline maxheadflow

• Hot Shot
The stock ones won't fit?

Offline raiken1

I think the heights are different. I have been trying to find my originals with no luck.

Offline Scott S

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
 There's a small chance that I might have some stock 650 dollars. I'll try to remember to dig around this weekend.
'71 CB500 K0
'17 Triumph Street Scrambler
'81 Yamaha XS650

Offline raiken1

That would be awesome. Do you have any idea if they are compatible with the Mac headers?

Offline rotortiller

• Expert
Has anyone successfully contacted the Mac exhaust customer service department?

I tried once but no response, I gave up and went elsewhere.

Offline jakec

• Master
I had an exhaust bracket (muffler to frame, 4into1) break and I emailed them and got a free replacement. They really communicated, I even called them once.
1970 CB750 K0
1970 CL350 K2
1975 CB400 F0
1977 CB750 Chop

Offline raiken1

Do you mean they did communicate? Or they just sent the bracket?

Offline jakec

• Master
The communicated well. I emailed and got a replacement, they sent the wrong thing, I called them, they sent the right thing. It was instant response. This was about 2 years ago.
1970 CB750 K0
1970 CL350 K2
1975 CB400 F0
1977 CB750 Chop

Offline raiken1

Lucky! I've been contacting them and the guy from Dime city has been too.

Offline Scott S

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
 You're not going to believe this..... I can find 7 of the split collars.  ::)

I have plenty for the 500/550.

I do have some split muffler tubing that matches the radius of the 650 manifold clamps. I used this on an SR500 that needed split collars and it worked fine. Which leads me to ask: why won't the ones you have without the flange work? They just serve to crush the exhaust gasket.
'71 CB500 K0
'17 Triumph Street Scrambler
'81 Yamaha XS650

Offline raiken1

With the lip rolled over, they don’t seem to sit straight for the Mac sheet metal ones. The rolled edge wants to walk into the flange center. I appreciate you checking. A day late and a collar short. It appears that the CB650 collars are different from the 650c ones also.