Author Topic: Rantoul half mile  (Read 702 times)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Rantoul half mile
« on: December 16, 2021, 01:27:14 pm »
 Has anyone run the half mile on a cb? The PO of my old drag bike is taking his Hayabusa to Rantoul this coming year. He's thinking 170 in fifth gear, mentioned it would be fun on a Honda too.  I'll need leathers and a lanyard anyway, the safety wiring is a good idea and I have it. I even got a steering stabilizer although it's fairly old.
 Co-incidentally his last name is Egli. He didn't have a Vincent to sell me though.
  I didn't find current event pages or event information though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 01:34:22 pm by Don R »
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline corky

Re: Rantoul half mile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 11:49:06 am »
Has anyone run the half mile on a cb? The PO of my old drag bike is taking his Hayabusa to Rantoul this coming year. He's thinking 170 in fifth gear, mentioned it would be fun on a Honda too.  I'll need leathers and a lanyard anyway, the safety wiring is a good idea and I have it. I even got a steering stabilizer although it's fairly old.
 Co-incidentally his last name is Egli. He didn't have a Vincent to sell me though.
  I didn't find current event pages or event information though.

That is about 30 minutes away for me.  I haven't been, but have a friend who takes his BMW there for fun.  If you go, I will come watch you and be jealous!  :-)

Daniel

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
Re: Rantoul half mile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 11:19:47 am »
 My friend says he's going and encouraged me to take a Honda (his old one maybe) but I still am not seeing any mention of a date for 2022. I'll update if anything turns up. My tire choices speed rating may reflect this plan.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.