Author Topic: A dumb question about identifying CB650 carb models...  (Read 839 times)

CB650Tex

A dumb question about identifying CB650 carb models...
« on: May 15, 2007, 06:39:17 am »
Apologies for the daftness of this question, but...

I've got a 1981 CB650 that's running really badly.  Various people here have advised me to switch out my VB44A carbs and get a set of VB44B or VB44C, 'cos of the removable pilot jets, making it easier to get things cleaned up.  So now for the daft question...

Does the attached photo show that they are VB44C carbs?

I'm assuming they are VB44C's 'cos of the C coming right after the 44.  But how come the next letter, the A is in a box?  Almost as if the A is being highlighted or emphasised for some reason.  Does that mean that they're actually A's  or the box irrelevant?

Many thanks for any help anyone can give...and apols again for the daft question.

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
Re: A dumb question about identifying CB650 carb models...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 08:38:36 am »
There are no daft questions, only daft answers!

Unfortunately cant help with I. D ing the carbs but I have got a 650 bulletin on carb hesitation, If you send me your direct emai; address I will scan it and send it you.
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!

CB650Tex

Re: A dumb question about identifying CB650 carb models...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:51:26 am »
Thanks - as soon as I've worked out how to send it to you , I will!

If anyone else can answer my daft question (about the carbs), I'd be very grateful for help.