testy

Author Topic: I buggered up my carbs  (Read 1082 times)

jerrit1

I buggered up my carbs
« on: October 03, 2007, 06:49:25 pm »
so who's willing to fix my carb mess (I'm willing to pay of course).
I tore my carbs completely apart...I found the jets that were clogged and unclogged them, I dipped the bare metal carb bodies in barriemans chem dip but now I cant seem to get them back together.
and I cant find anyone who sells a carb rebuild kit for my exact model/year bike. (1980 CB650 Custom)

Someone help please   ;D

Jerrit

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Re: I buggered up my carbs
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 06:52:51 pm »
I'll take a look at them for ya, do you live anywhere near Manchester ?

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline turin39789

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 06:53:31 pm »
check bike bandit, they seem to have oem gasket sets, look a bit pricey but im comparing them to my 75 550.

jerrit1

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 06:56:43 pm »
I'm in Michigan, USA...if you mean Manchester England then I'm on the wrong continent...but I appreciate your offer.

jerrit1

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:05:06 pm »
check bike bandit, they seem to have oem gasket sets, look a bit pricey but im comparing them to my 75 550.

Thanks turin39789, looks like part # 216197-001 is the full gasket set for my carbs (thats all I really need).
I'm still left with the issue of not being able to put them back together.  ;D

Offline turin39789

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 07:08:42 pm »

Thanks turin39789, looks like part # 216197-001 is the full gasket set for my carbs (thats all I really need).
I'm still left with the issue of not being able to put them back together.  ;D

Sounds familiar.  I did that on a VW , put the carb back together and had extra parts.  Installed the engine and teh carb just poured gas out.  Couldn't get the car running, sent it to my mechanic and he got it going but he doesnt work on aftermarket carbs.  Still havent used that engine because I never got the carb fixed.

Just go slow. There is a ton of talent and info on this forum, it seems like a great community. You can fix it, just don't expect to do it in a day. Look at all your parts and at diagrams and ask 1000 inane questions even if it does feel like you are annoying everyone on here.

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 07:29:40 pm »
I'm in Michigan, USA...if you mean Manchester England then I'm on the wrong continent...but I appreciate your offer.

Just messin with ya Jerrit ;D ;D ;D I figured you were in the US as I've never heard of Barriemans chem dip ;D ;D ;D

Good luck with your carbs though ;)

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Rsnip988

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 09:28:36 pm »
with my 750k carbs the bowls went on specific carb bodies, they werent interchangable as i thought they were,
are you sure you are putting them back together as they came apart?

what parts are you having trouble getting together?

R.K.S.

1976 CB750 K6 Full

1976 CB750 K6 Cafe'ish

jerrit1

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 05:40:21 am »
I'm having the most trouble with carbs #2 & #3...the spring that makes the two butterflies open and close with the choke cable...I cant seem to get it to go on and work correctly.
also...I cant get the carbs lined up so the plate that holds them all together will go on.

Offline Aaron J Williams

• Old Biker
  • Hot Shot
  • Member # 725
    • Dude's Garage
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 05:56:51 am »
I'm in NW Wisconsin, about 8 hours from the UP. Where in Michigan are you?
There are old bikers and there are bold bikers but there are very few old, bold bikers.

Quote from: Gordon
Not doing what you can to make your bike ride-able during the best riding months of the year kind of defeats the purpose of owning it in the first place.

jerrit1

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 10:06:55 am »
I'm in SW Michigan, near Benton Harbor.

I'm also concerned about buying the wrong carb rebuild kit...does anyone know a part # for my carbs, I cant seem to find anything specific for my year, model bike.

Thanks,

;
Honda