Author Topic: Throttle issue?  (Read 761 times)

Feltier

Throttle issue?
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:04:31 am »
Hey everyone, I have a 74 CB750 and have a problem I just can't figure out. My bike was running fine for a while but for some reason it will not take any throttle. I can get it to start and idle fine, but the second i start to accelerate it just dies. (A kind of bog and the occasional sputter) This might have been a developing problem when I had to ease on the throttle before i could go wide open. My assumption is that it is running lean. But again I don't really have a clear idea what to do.

Offline JMURACN

• Madison Motorsports
Re: Throttle issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:37:46 am »
pull the plugs and tell use what they look like.  pull all 4 and make sure you keep them in order... tell us what each one looks like, and we should be able to narrow it down a little more for you.  rich/lean, oil burn, bad spark, etc. 

Feltier

Re: Throttle issue?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 12:11:15 am »
Sorry about the late response, been busy. I pulled them out and they seem to be black. My guess is that they are carbon fouled. The No. 4 was kind of Olly so that might mean my head gasket is bad. But I really don't know what I'm talking about so any help is good help. (Unless I find the answers myself  :D) Thanks.